Should I continue in this environment?

mlmckee

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 04:55 pm
I have been diagnosed with C.O.P.D. to include emphysema and asthma. I started a new job this week at a KFC, and am around smoke from an oven and fryers of burnt oil, and dust from flour we use on the chicken. I am in a lot of pain in my chest(lungs). Should I continue to work in this environment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 870 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 06:40 pm
@mlmckee,
It doesn't sound good for you, but your doctor would be the one to ask. I'm sort of doubting the asthma part of it re KFC, but of course I don't know. (I have asthma and not copd and am likely allergic to different things than you are.) But I can see the copd aspect of it, or regular ordinary irritation aspect of it. Indeed, it doesn't sound great for anyone, copd or not. Does the place have working hoods with fans?
mlmckee

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 08:05 am
@ossobuco,
Everything works but there is always some smoke that gets out into the kitchen, and the flour i work right over.
0 Replies

chrissyf

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 04:15 pm
i would quit immediatly you have to consider the long and short term health problems you could face
0 Replies