I burned the buns

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 08:47 am
last evening I and lady Diane had the pleasure of entertaining Osso, BBB and Butryflynet with burgers on the patio, I burned the buns (charcoal cures gas) anyway during the evening Osso continued to escape to the kitchen where I discovered she had stashed a baggie of honeynut and oats gorp with peyote, BBB subtly emptied the fridge of long nect Bud Lite and hid the empty bottles behind the patio sofa while Butryflynet fed her burned burger/bun to my innocent sally dog. It rained lightly. It's a good thing I have friends, it makes up for not having any enemies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,086 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 09:10 am
@dyslexia,
Ah, but it was fun, Dys. And Sally seemed in seventh heaven. She might have found that gorp.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 09:20 am
@dyslexia,
Butrflynet loves to garden and she got Dys' approval to remove a large Pinon Pine tree in a side corner of our yard so that she can create the perfect garden area. It gets the sun all day. It would be wonderful to have home-grown tomatoes and strawberries. We will need to install a short fence between the house and the concret block fence to keep Dolly and Madison doggies from digging in the garden.

I wonder how much it costs to cut down a pine tree and remove it's roots?

BBB

Sglass

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:08 pm
cooking without sunscreen again?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:36 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
[...] I burned the buns [...]

Keep your butt off the grill than, dys!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 07:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB, I had a small pinon pine taken out by Henry, but not the stump, which is the hard part. There are various things to do about a stump, such as grinding, and I think you might want to call a local licensed landscape contractor for a bid for that, and if it's in range of what you can pay, get at least three bids. (But you would know to do that.)

I had some rhodies taken out in northern california, including stumps, and regrading, and I no longer remember the exact cost and records aren't at my finger tips. Plus, that was a different place and time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 07:23 pm
@dyslexia,
Sounds like a real nest of loons out there.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 07:24 pm
@farmerman,
Well, sure. When are you joining the aviary, or at least visiting?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 08:28 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
Butryflynet fed her burned burger/bun to my innocent sally dog.

Did not, that was a splinter of cheese I "accidentally" dropped near her! I do admit to holding a bottle of beer for Sally dog while she quenched her thirst.

As for the buns, they were just this side of the color of a good, dark Cajun roux and had lots of good flavor.

I did have to request that he burn the burger patty though. That way, it had a good chance of being cooked in the middle rather than just run through the barbecue smoke for a couple seconds like Dys likes 'em.

roger

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 09:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

I did have to request that he burn the burger patty though. That way, it had a good chance of being cooked in the middle rather than just run through the barbecue smoke for a couple seconds like Dys likes 'em.

Yeah, Butrflynet!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 01:40 am
From all reports, you ain't got no buns!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 03:49 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
How big?
A good big tree might cost AU $1000.00 to remove. Depends on position in relation to house sheds fence lines and other built objects.
An arborist or tree lopping company may be the method. Ensure they know you want to remove the root system as this will mean they will/should leave a decent length of stump to hook onto.

The stump and roots would need to be dug out rather than just having the stump ground. For this an excavator would be ideal.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:01 am
@dadpad,
That's true, re excavation, which is how mine were taken out. I had a yard with lots of room, so no problem with equipment manuevering. Except, hah, the water main was broken in the process. (It was very old, decrepit, from the early 1900's, and needed replacing anyway.) I think I remember that being about a thousand dollars, and the tree removals coming in at six or seven hundred total (not very big trees) - but again, paper work is stored, and that was in a different location and year.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:14 am
@ossobuco,
Here's a link re hand excavation, stump grinding, and use of equipment for various types of trees -
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/asktoh/question/0,,213280,00.html
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:31 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks, Osso, that is helpful information.

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 09:03 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
My son has offered to remove the Pine tree. I love free labor!

BBB
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:28 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Oh, yayyy!
0 Replies