High Triglycerides

High Seas

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 03:50 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

BP tonite 132/95

For God's sake, are you STILL around, and if so how are you Tonight??? Btw, I'm 13 time zones away, so this ain't no proposition, but PLEASE get act together - and yes, I do understand you belong to the breed that dies with its boots on, but make an effort here, there's folks and animals who care for you, plus fellow Vietnam and other vets, so shape up, YO !!!

PS love you too, pls give kind regards to Mrs Dyslexia from me, and Lola, and Bernie, and all my Siberian huskies, and their cats. Goodnight Bob, and WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DIE, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!!

Was THAT clear?!
roger

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 06:18 pm
@High Seas,
How can you be more than 12 time zones away from anywhere?
littlek

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 07:12 pm
If you count from the long side. How ya doing Dys?

One nice bonus from cutting carbs is weight loss - I lost 5 pounds!
dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 08:19 pm
@littlek,
tonite, 130/100
littlek

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 09:03 pm
@dyslexia,
Well, the 130 is good, the 100 is a bit high. Not bad. I found an interesting chart!
http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/blood-pressure-chart.gif
jespah

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 08:05 am
@littlek,
I donated blood today. BP was 103/62; pulse was 58. I believe that means I'm clinically mellow.
littlek

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 03:24 pm
@jespah,
That almost seems too low!
jespah

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 04:19 am
@littlek,
It took a while to make the donation, actually. The nurse said it was an athlete's #s (when I was at my doctor's in January, she had said I have the #s of a 20-year-old).

Where the hell is this 20-year-old athlete and why is she wearing my clothes?
dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 06:14 am
@jespah,
dear J, kiss my go to hell. I never liked you anyway.
Thomas

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 06:58 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
I donated blood today. BP was 103/62; pulse was 58. I believe that means I'm clinically mellow.

Must be the booze. It lowers my blood pressure, too.

In the future, you need to eat more and saltier potato chips, drink more coffee, and take up smoking. Don't worry dear, you'll be fine again soon!
Miller

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 08:28 am
http://www.kidney.org/Professionals/kdoqi/guidelines_bp/guide_3.htm

These are important guidelines for the measurement of blood pressure.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 08:35 am
@littlek,
http://www.a-personaldietitian.com/Triglycerides_Heart_Disease.htm

You might need to adjust your diet or even take medication. Your values for triglyceride level are high. Do high TG levels run in your family?
jespah

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 08:37 am
@dyslexia,
And the feeling is mutual, ya old coot.
jespah

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 08:37 am
@Thomas,
You're just trying to trick me into upping my BMI.

Still, those salty snacks look mighty good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 03:42 pm
@Miller,
Miller - interesting: other sights seem to foucs more on carbs. Also, the safe range seems to have been down-graded since this website was last modified.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 04:44 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

And the feeling is mutual, ya old coot.
coot? you calling me an old coot? after all these years establishing meself as "cranky" and you lower my street cred to "coot"? you are a bimbo! Kris would never do that, she's a class act with high tri's and seaweed.
jespah

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 04:58 pm
@dyslexia,
Are you saying I have no seaweed? I am shocked, shocked!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 05:19 pm
@jespah,
Seaweed is hard, hard, hard to find in Albuquerque. I've been looking for dashi (much less seaweed), for example, to no avail, so my occasional miso is bereft.

On blood pressure and triglycerides as subjects, people should listen to their doctors, while, of course, researching the subjects.

JPB had some advice re triglycerides earlier in the thread. She both dealt with the same pattern as Kris is handling, personally and successfully, but is well educated in the field, and deserving of listening, no matter what Miller or High Seas remonstratingly promote re fear. (Does Miller work for a pharmaceutical company?)

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 05:22 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Are you saying I have no seaweed? I am shocked, shocked!
littlek

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 05:23 pm
Dys, is that all I am to you? High-tris and seaweed?! What about tofu? Huh? And almond milk!

Osso, I definitely defer to JPB (and I do my own research which includes evaluating the vailidity of source info.)

Tonight I had two multigrain tortillas sandwiching navy beans, corn, reduced-fat mozz., a half an avocado, spinach, a soy sausage patty and olive oil to blend. Purdy damned good.