Toddler freaking out at bed time

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:22 pm
My 2.5 year old daughter has suddenly started freaking out the moment we say good night to her and she goes ballistic screaming "sleep in mommy daddy room". I tried putting her back to bed like 20 times every minute she follows me out but , each time she seemed to get more and more upset. Both me and my husband work fulltime and I know there is a lot of discipline enforced at her school(very reputed chain of day care/pre schools). Is she upset that she can vent out anything there . Also, I have noticed a big change in her attitude in taking direction from me and my husband, she has started throwing things and pretty much downright defying us. She has been going to this school for a year but the only change is that she has graduated to another room with a different teacher.I dont know what to do, Iam so upset. We need the second job to take care of certain debts but not worth my child going through something I can help. Please let me know what your thoughts are...will deeply appreciate it. Thanks
Leah
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,380 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:46 am
@LeahAnand,
It could be the change and maybe just her age. We had an issue with our daughter probably around that age regarding bedtime and sleeping. She would throw a fit as well - to the point she would throw up sometimes. Her daughter said it is ok for the child to sleep with you, but only if you are getting sleep as well. You are not going to be a good parent unless you are well rested.

We too her advice (because we could not sleep with her - she moved around too much). We just kept being persistent (as hard as that was). What we did was insist she stay in her bed. We would begin by checking on her every 5 minutes, not touching her or hugging her and slowly increase the time. It took about a week and then she was sleeping on her own. I'm not saying it was easy and that first week was h*ll with little sleep, but short term pain for a longer term gain.

You could also give your child's doctor a call for advice.
0 Replies