Post-tonsillectomy foods

yoginimommy

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 05:13 am
My daughter is undergoing the surgery next month. Thank you for all of your advice. I found this on google. Thanks!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 05:22 am
@sozobe,

Ice cream is traditional.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 06:01 am
@yoginimommy,
Hi yoginimommy,

Glad that was helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions. The whole thing ended up going pretty smoothly. Definitely challenging, but not nearly as bad as I feared it would be. How old is your daughter?
0 Replies

PintoM

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:23 pm
@DrewDad,
I had my tonsils removed on the 5th of April. Today is the 8th...and LORD have mercy it hurts like HELLLLLO~
OK, first things first... DO NOT use dairy products after your surgery. Dairy products produce phlegm and saliva. You do NOT want more of these flowing around since you will already have enough of it in your mouth...and it will be SUPER painful to swallow!

DO NOT eat anything with: Dairy (As mentioned above), Spicy, Carbonated, Caffeinated, RED (Might be confused with BLOOD if in case you start "bleeding"), or Acidic (Oranges, lemon etc). ...

Foods I tried to eat but that made it hard to swallow and got stuck in my throat by the UVULA : Potato (Mashed potato, potato soup), Bread, Realllllly soft Crab Meat, Soft Chicken, Mashed Apples!

Foods I tried that WORKED!!!: Icicles, Sorbet, Frozen Fruit Shakes (Fruit, suggar and ice), Apple Mouse, Jello, Peanut Butter -Creamy, and that is about it!!! ... Sux but havent been able to find anything salty to bring down the hunger! I AM STARVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Now somehow I have managed to get this annoying cough that wont stop...and it hurts real bad when I cough. Sneezing is WORSE than ANYTHING!!! ... Oh and sleeping is a problem! haha.

Anyways I truly hope and pray that the Doc was right about " THIS WILL BE A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE ONCE YOU ARE HEALED" ... It better be, cus it HURTS LIKE HELL! Btw I am 28...and I have been told that the older, the worse...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 08:16 am
@PintoM,
Oh hi! I saw your topic first, just noticed that you were already here.

I don't say here but I received assurances from the doctor that dairy items were fine. Ice cream went really well for my daughter.
0 Replies