The National Do Not Call Registry

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:27 pm
@Brandon9000,
the test of the success of the do not call registry is you not getting calls. If you are not getting calls very often then it is working pretty well. You are all hung up on wanting to know what one company has done to honor your wishes. What you fail to realize is that no where in this scheme is there a mandate for an information push to those consumers whom want information. Answering questions takes time and money, and your government has decided that answering individual questions is an unfair burden on the business community. Your government has not made your desire for information a priority.

What you should do is chill out until such time as this company calls you again, and then if they do call stop them in mid sentence and say only that you wish to be removed from their calling list. Generally requests for removal are honored, because these guys who call on commission have no desire to waste their time on someone who will not listen to the pitch.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 07:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

the test of the success of the do not call registry is you not getting calls. If you are not getting calls very often then it is working pretty well. You are all hung up on wanting to know what one company has done to honor your wishes. What you fail to realize is that no where in this scheme is there a mandate for an information push to those consumers whom want information. Answering questions takes time and money, and your government has decided that answering individual questions is an unfair burden on the business community. Your government has not made your desire for information a priority.

What you should do is chill out until such time as this company calls you again, and then if they do call stop them in mid sentence and say only that you wish to be removed from their calling list. Generally requests for removal are honored, because these guys who call on commission have no desire to waste their time on someone who will not listen to the pitch.

Very few people who report something negative done to them would be satisfied with a system in which they can never discover what, if anything was done. Surely this is obvious just on the face of it.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 07:11 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Very few people who report something negative done to them would be satisfied with a system in which they can never discover what, if anything was done. Surely this is obvious just on the face of it.

I submit that you are a freak for devoting so much energy to this one call. All normal people care only that their phone line is rarely clogged with telemarketing calls.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

I submit that you are a freak for devoting so much energy to this one call. All normal people care only that their phone line is rarely clogged with telemarketing calls.

You're not paying attention. I forgot about the sales call long ago. I'm trying to find something out about the Do Not Call Registry.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
YOU are not paying attention, you do not understand the purpose of the no not call registry.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

YOU are not paying attention, you do not understand the purpose of the no not call registry.

I'm talking about what the purpose ought to be. If reporting a violator is like dropping information off a cliff, then it's not as useful as I thought. They ought to provide some way of finding out the status of a complaint, because, in my opinion, most people would like the option of finding out the outcome.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 10:48 pm
@Brandon9000,
You will never know what happened basically, half of the customer service reps you talk to are just kids, they probably don't even follow through with adding you to this list. When I was younger I worked for a telemarketing company that sold vacations and in Florida we have the DNCR, and if we didn't notify that the person asked to be put on this list and called them back they could report it to the Better Business Bureau and the company could get fined. You would never know the outcome, and you would have to follow through with a complaint for anyone to even find out that you told them to add this to your list and the company didn't comply, which most people probably wouldn't even bother with. Basically yes you will never know an outcome,noone is going to call you and say "your on the list, you won't recieve any other calls" etc.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 09:54 am
isn't that an oxymoron? "a good telemarketing company "
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:03 pm
Despite of being on the "do not call list" I receive so many telemarketing calls it is getting to the point that I am so annoyed by it - even my cell phone is called almost daily by these thugs - that I report every one of those people to the FCC. I am so done with telemarketers!! Evil or Very Mad
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
I do too - each time. The most abusive one now seems to be this "Card Services" which from all prespectives is a scam trying to get you to give them your personal information. After repeatedly getting called by a recorded Tiffany, I've pressed one and spoken 4 or 5 times to an actual person - each time, I've told them not to call me and that I am on the do not call list and I've reported them. They usually swear at me, hang up or say yeah whatever.

More recently I changed my tacit and starting to play along with them - then started asking odd questions - basically whatever came into my head. Then I asked for a number to reach him at so I could call back and check them as I don't give any information until I get a bit more familar with their company. Haven't heard back since that last tactit.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:16 pm
@Linkat,
Yes, these "card services" are very persistent. Usually when I receive a call like this I put the number and search on google; most often it spits out tons of information about the caller number and who they are. I then report them and if they call again I tell them that I reported them to the FCC.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 01:24 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
BarbieQPickle wrote:

You will never know what happened basically, half of the customer service reps you talk to are just kids, they probably don't even follow through with adding you to this list. When I was younger I worked for a telemarketing company that sold vacations and in Florida we have the DNCR, and if we didn't notify that the person asked to be put on this list and called them back they could report it to the Better Business Bureau and the company could get fined. You would never know the outcome, and you would have to follow through with a complaint for anyone to even find out that you told them to add this to your list and the company didn't comply, which most people probably wouldn't even bother with. Basically yes you will never know an outcome,noone is going to call you and say "your on the list, you won't recieve any other calls" etc.

I didn't ask to be added to any list. I was already on the do not call list. I was wondering what the government did after I reported a violator.
0 Replies