Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 07:04 pm
Don't buy the scrapple
Don't buy the scrapple
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 09:46 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
I have everyone on ignore except ramafuchs.

I still don't understand where you think chopped liver figures in. I like chopped liver. Indeed, I'm on record singing its praises. By contrast, I never liked you. How presumptuous of you to claim a status as high as that of chopped liver!
georgeob1

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 10:21 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Has there been a time (or times) when you felt completely ignored? Insignificant? Not worth anyone’s time? I’m not talking depression here. This is about situational feelings.

Well, I have certainly had the experience of being ignored, or apparently not being regarded as worth much of some folks' time. However, only rarely does that intrude on my own feelings of self-worth.

For example I recently told some friends that I'll be in Albuquerque for a few days late next week (we just opened an office there), but have had no response at all. In fact the local company folks will probably try to fill most of my time there, but there may be some possibilities (I'll be at the Hyatt on Tijeras St. - our office is nearby)
roger

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 11:29 pm
Now George, I said I would make my best effort to be there. That's usually good enough.

I guess you didn't notice me or BFN.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 07:48 am
@georgeob1,
That's how those Albuquerque people are. Cold, boring, and without any interest in the outside world -- the whole bunch of them. Better come to New York.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 12:50 pm
@georgeob1,
I thought you might just want to see the Dys, time being short, but told him that if it worked out I'd love to meet you, George..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 04:38 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
chopped liver

I have to be honest here and say that chopped liver was never one of my food favourites.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 04:20 pm
@georgeob1,
GEORGE!!

I just talked with Dys re when are you showing up, etc. and he said he pm'd you a week ago with no answer. He's going to pm you again soon.

Would you two guys grab onto this techno stuff and talk?

I'll add, in case George doesn't see my plea, if any awkers who have his email could signal him (is that the military term?), we'd appreciate it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 04:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I've long typo'd awk for a2k and almost always corrected it. But, at the same time, I rather like it. Sort of .. birds of the air.

I also surmise that if you already have D & D's phone number you are welcome to give it to Georgeob.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 04:36 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

That's how those Albuquerque people are. Cold, boring, and without any interest in the outside world -- the whole bunch of them. Better come to New York.

That only gets a rolling bellied snort from me,
which reminds me,
I saw Peter, Paul, and Mary (probably without a comma after Paul) at the Golden Rolling Belly in Del Mar, California, a little north of San Diego, long ago. So it goes.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 05:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, the place is still existent and called "Belly Up" now.

George will show up in ABQ, unless it's raining. Then your guess is as good
as mine!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 06:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
It rained about 45 minutes ago...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, George or no, I'm firming up plans to be in town next week, anyway. It would be a good time to visit sister, and take care of some admin stuff at VA hospital, anyway. Maybe if it rains, we can check out that restaurant - you know, the one I'm not going to like.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:44 pm
@roger,
Gloms onto Roger's post... you mean... either Vivace or Indigo Crow?

Osso weeps with joy..

But, oh, wait, George and Bob have yet to talk. What a couple of lumberers.

Hey, Roger, we'll do that anyway, right?

Miss pushy elbows stares at Roger..
roger

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Sounds like a winner. My vague thought is to deal with VA and relatives on the 6th, if I get up in time for both. A2k family on the 7th. Probably spend the night at the same Ritz-Carlton as last time.

I'm prepared to alter dates and sequence on whatever schedule George comes up with.

I was just kidding. I'll probably love the Indigo Crow. Isn't that where we had breakfast this time last year, or am I thinking of Calico Cafe. Let's try Vivace. That one sounds heineous, with all kinds of weird stuff on the menu. I'll hate it, but maybe it builds character, or something.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 08:00 pm
@roger,
Roger, darling, we can do both...

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 08:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok, I'm busy snortleing.

I figure you actually would like both places of an afternoon.
But both on one visit? almost too much to imagine.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 08:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll even consider this with your sister in tow..

oh, wait, just picture it..
roger

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 08:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Great idea, if only I could come up with a way of splitting of what's-his-name. Last time I offered to take her out for a hamburger, he tagged along. He was the one that ordered the steak. Two years on, I'm still waiting for him to spring for coffee at Fourbucks to make up for it.