Rain Soft AQ40T - brine tank overflow - H20 Man?

MikeD

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm
Have collected lots of info & pictures but bottom-line is that everything is OK except that the brine tank continues to fill for the 2 hrs when it's supposed to just be sitting & dissolving the salt. First time it was a heckuva mess. Now I just drain it manually until it stops filling then let the next cycles just happen. Things seem to go OK after that. I'll supply whatever additional info you need and would greatly appreciate advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,815 • Replies: 13
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:09 pm
@MikeD,

It could be a bad shut off tab or O rings.
It's best to replace all 5 O rings, both shut off tabs and their springs.
MikeD

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thanks. Is there documentation on the older controllers for the AQ40T?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 06:33 pm
@MikeD,
MikeD wrote:

Thanks. Is there documentation on the older controllers for the AQ40T?

I can email you a PDF of the mechanical valve, it uses the same O rings and shut off tabs.
MikeD

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 06:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thanks. mjdamore @comcast.net
0 Replies

VinnyMartello

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 02:27 am
@H2O MAN,
We recently bought this rainsift Q2. We installed it and have had one difficult time with the programming... I hit the button to make it start cycling and you could hear the machine running like it should and the tank began to fill with with water. However, it began to fill up way too much and eventually began to overflow. What could have caused this? The tank is a regular size, the Q2 is about 5 feet tall. And, I dont know the capacity. (Could overprogramming cause it to overflow?) I need all the information I can get. It got to the point where we just shut it off. Thanks for your help!
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:40 pm
@VinnyMartello,
A sheared pin will do this, usually caused by a frozen piston.

Did it fill up the salt tank all in one day or over a period of time?
CBS DOE

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 08:45 am
@H2O MAN,
Hello,

I have a rainsoft AQ24CT, I have replaced the three o rings on the piston, and the tri-guard. When I try to run the system the brine tank does not fill. I found the "injector pin" (I think) on the floor so I am not sure where this gets installed (could you tell me?), and I was wanting to ensure I hooked up the tri-guard properly... Does the top fitting on the tri-guard go the the brine tank? This is how I have it set up.

Thanks for your help!!!
Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 08:19 am
@CBS DOE,
is the "injector pin" a white plastic arrow looking thing about 3/4 " long with an oring on it? if so that's the poppet that goes between the triguard and the brass elbow, point facing up. if that's not in place, guess what, no brine refill. yes top fitting to the brine tank
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 08:20 am
@VinnyMartello,
set the capacity at 28 and see what happens
0 Replies

MikeD

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 01:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
Suddenly things worked OK.....until recently. No choice but to be a DIYer on this so please send the PDF (after a long delay by me). Brine tank used to overflow but does NOT now. Just the opposite - brine solution not being drawn from tank. From the looks of the system (an old brass Rainsoft AQ40T) I don't know quite where to start in my disassembly. Thanks. Mike [email protected]
Next step will be to replace entire control unit.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 02:30 pm
@MikeD,
most likely the orings on the piston or the injector. could be a pressure issue, is this a well ?
MikeD

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:59 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
I am pretty handy and just need a diagram or whatever. It is a well but when I bypass the system the pressure is quite high. I can't go on bypass since it also bypasses the charcoal filter tanks that handle the high sulfur. I have to do the work myself. No job.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 01:36 pm
@MikeD,
the triguard (clear plastic cylinder that the brine tank attaches to) should be mostly empty, the ball inside it should be at the bottom, with maybe 1/2 inch of water. I'd say it probably isn't and the ball is at the top. Again the "injector" that you found is the poppet valve, and allowing water to fill the triguard. If the triguard is full , it won't allow water to go into the brine tank.
0 Replies