What cutting-edge science field should I go into?

aperson

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:00 am
@Chumly,
What made you choose to be an electrician?

I think it was trying to get at the sense of the vastly different future that awaits us. Even though the changes aren't really sinister, we as humans by nature find change scary, especially when it happens so fast.

"What if?" is certainly a very engaging question, given the enormous number extrapolations and answers possible.

Personally I don't think by job would have to be "fun" as such... for it to be an intellectual challenge would be enough for me. I do enjoy creation - I suppose computer science could be considered a combination of science and art...
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:06 am
@ossobuco,
Yea but it's kinda hard to mess around with neurotechnology and genetic engineering...
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 02:25 pm
@aperson,
But arriving at your stated objectives ap IS hard. And rightly so as I have explained.
aperson

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 01:33 am
@spendius,
Oh spendi, it's hard. That means I shouldn't try at all.

Maybe you and I have a different life attitude, spendi. Have you considered that?
spendius

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 06:41 am
@aperson,
I should hope so. I'm a shagged out old has been and you're young and sappy with life stretching out before you. Watch out for the ladies is my advice. Nearly all my contemporaries have been brought to despair, defeat and abject humiliation by the hand that rocks the cradle.

And always remember that a dollar not spent is worth more than a dollar earned because the latter is taxed.
Sglass

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:13 am
@spendius,
what an amazing concept spendius
roger

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:42 am
@Sglass,
Amazing, but practical.
Sglass

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:53 am
@roger,
Is Spendi a pragmatist?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 02:31 am
I don't know, but he is far better at providing red herrings than good arguments.
spendius

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 03:42 am
@aperson,
That's better than no argument as that was.
aperson

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 04:54 am
@spendius,
Actually it was very relevant. I'm not under any obligation to argue against a red herring.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 05:08 am
Update on my exciting life: I looked at applying to study in the US today. Me and my parents agreed that it would be far too expensive and I might not like my courses etc. SO the plan is I am going to get my undergrads or whatever they are here, and then with those hopefully stunning marks, I will apply for some top US uni.
0 Replies