Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:48 am
Thanks, President Obama " not only for what you’re doing, but for all the things you don’t do.

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/NanceGreggs

Oh, No, He DIY'NT!!!

Another week of the Obama Presidency passes " and oh, no, he diy’nt …

He didn’t ignore any intelligence briefings that resulted in a major attack on NYC and Washington D.C.

He didn’t allow anyone on his staff to out a covert CIA agent.

He didn’t direct that anyone be tortured while touting his “I’m a good Christian” credentials.

He didn’t launch a “Shock & Awe” offensive against a nation he claimed had WMDs which were never there.

He didn’t go on vacation while a US city was left to drown.

He didn’t use the words “misunderestimate” or “put food on your family” " no, not even once.

He didn’t address a single crisis by reading “The Pet Goat” to a schoolroom full of kids.

He didn’t land on an aircraft carrier anywhere, at any time " photographed in front of a “Mission Accomplished” banner or otherwise.

He didn’t embarrass the nation by acting like a buffoon on the world stage.

He didn’t fall off a bike or choke on a pretzel in a drunken stupor, and call it an “unfortunate accident”.

He didn’t appeal to anyone’s paranoia, homophobia, or xenophobia in order to advance any agenda.

He didn’t babble incoherently in front of a microphone or TV camera, requiring scores of MSM talking hairdos to spend hours “explaining” what he really meant to say.

He didn’t hand out any no-bid contracts to companies in which his family and/or VP or cabinet members are major shareholders.

He didn’t give Jeff Gannon press credentials, no less call on him during a press conference.

He didn’t resort to discussing the “Axis of Evil”, nor any other scare tactic to instil fear in the citizenry.

He didn’t attempt to give Angela Merkel a back massage, nor insist on speaking to any foreign leader with his mouth full of food.

He didn’t greet a single foreign dignitary, military leader, organization representative, soldier, charity head, nor ordinary citizen (foreign or domestic) with a chimp-like smirk and the profound words, “Heh-heh.”

Considering the glorious history of our nation " with the glaring exception of the past eight years " it seems downright astonishing that we, as a country, can now revel in the simple joy of a president who doesn’t make a complete ass of himself, and us, every time he opens his mouth in public.

Seems like a lifetime since that happened. And I, for one, just can’t seem to get the smile off my face.

Thanks, President Obama " not only for what you’re doing, but for all the things you don’t do. I appreciate it more than I can say.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,923 • Replies: 22
No top replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:41 pm
@Magginkat,
Afuckin'men!!!!!!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:45 pm
Snood I think there is some sterotypical, racist **** going on with the title of this thread. Quick, say something.
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:58 pm
@maporsche,
Shut the **** up, you ignorant little prick!
snood

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:29 pm
@JTT,
Couldn't have said it better myself, JTT.

0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 04:22 am
Guess Maporsche will really pee his pants over this one:

The President of the USA is Black.
The Chairman of the Republican National Committee is Black
The best known media mogul on earth is Black.
The greatest golfer in the world is Black
The top female tennis players in the world are Black
The highest grossing actor worldwide is Black
The fastest racing driver in the world is Black
The brightest astrophysicist under the sun is Black
The Super Bowl-winning Head Coach is Black
The most successful brain surgeon in the world is Black
Michael Jackson must be kicking himself in the ass.

maporsche

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 07:10 am
@Magginkat,
I have nothing against black people. I'm also an Obama supporter. Tiger Woods is my favorite golfer, actually he's the only golfer I'll watch and the only one I care about. He's got a great life story too by the way. I also love Will Smith movies (even Men in Black). Bad Boys is my favorite action movie of all time.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 07:11 am
@JTT,
YAWN!!!!!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 07:45 am
@Magginkat,
Magginkat wrote:

Michael Jackson must be kicking himself in the ass.

Laughing Laughing

priceless
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:05 am
And Whitey invented capitalism, cricket, TV, steam engines, electricity, lingerie, printing, science, computers, anti-biotics, nuclear energy, navigation, knickerbocker glory sprinkled with hundreds and thousannds, the Can-Can, stress, cures for stress and orderly civilisation (as yet unperfected).

Oh--I nearly forgot. Flush toilets from which cities derived.

Those others are like the lady who sticks a Beef Wellington in the microwave and claims to be a good cook.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:15 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

And Whitey invented capitalism, cricket, TV, steam engines, electricity, lingerie, printing, science, computers, anti-biotics, nuclear energy, navigation, knickerbocker glory sprinkled with hundreds and thousannds, the Can-Can, stress, cures for stress and orderly civilisation (as yet unperfected).

Oh--I nearly forgot. Flush toilets from which cities derived.

Those others are like the lady who sticks a Beef Wellington in the microwave and claims to be a good cook.

Oops, here you go Spendi. You dropped your hood. And your torch.

Bitch.
Magginkat

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 03:18 pm
@Gargamel,
Is Spendius a racist type fellow?
chai2

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 05:38 pm
@Magginkat,
Magginkat wrote:

Is Spendius a racist type fellow?

honestly, I couldn't say.

I can never make heads or tails of anything he says.

0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 05:16 am
@Magginkat,
Oh well. It's nice to have a president who doesn't embarass us every time he opens his mouth. Hopefully he can clean up most of the mess that Chicken george and ole Dead Eye Dick left behind.

I do wish that he would do what bushie did when he arrived...... use those executive orders to undo everthing that he could that bu$h messed up.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 06:39 am
@Magginkat,
What do you mean by "us"? I was never embarrassed and I have seen him many times being cheered and applauded by large crowds often consisting of people with medal ribbons on their dress.
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:08 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What do you mean by "us"? I was never embarrassed and I have seen him many times being cheered and applauded by large crowds often consisting of people with medal ribbons on their dress.

By 'us', Magginkat obviously meant thinking people, Spendius.

"[C]heered by large crowds", don't you know that they handpicked idiots precisely for this task.

No need to answer that as you already have.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:20 pm
@JTT,
Handpicked is a word they use to denote high class fruit. Were the millions who voted Mr Bush into office twice not thinking people?

I think liberals think they are the only thinking people to such an extent that they never think about anything else and ways to declare it such as labelling everyone who isn't a liberal unthinking and thereby confirming, to their own unthinking satisfaction, that they are the only ones who can think.
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:27 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Handpicked is a word they use to denote high class fruit.

You know better than this, Spendius. Is deception really your game?

Quote:
Were the millions who voted Mr Bush into office twice not thinking people?

If that isn't apparent to you, ...

Quote:
I think liberals think they are the only thinking people to such an extent that they never think about anything else and ways to declare it such as labelling everyone who isn't a liberal unthinking and thereby confirming, to their own unthinking satisfaction, that they are the only ones who can think.

I think that you need to rethink this.
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:32 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
If that isn't apparent to you,

No it isn't.

Quote:
I think that you need to rethink this.

Too easy. In what way do I need to rethink it? Your previous post was the proof. As is the above.
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:48 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Too easy.

It was, wasn't it?