UNC and U Conn

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:10 am
Thats my final 2. I really want Villanova but, I have to be realistic.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,821 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:14 am
@farmerman,
Pretty reasonably realistic. What do you think of the games so far? Seems to be an exciting and very entertaining series of games.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:19 am
@Ragman,
AW yeah, these have been a veriy good series of games. Even Nova squeaking in was in a game in which they switched lead from the half. UNC just looked awsome. I didnt see the last UConn game but they can never be counted out.

Potato chips--check
Stewarts Ginger Beer-check
My Nova prayer blankee-check, (but I dont think itll do any good)
aidan

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:18 am
@farmerman,
UNC!! UNC!! (I went to school with Michael Jordan and met Dean Smith at the movies - 'A Beautiful Mind'- at the Timberline movie theatre on Weaver Dairy Road).
My son ( a huge Tarheel fan) was using the urinal next to his and insisted that he meet me when they both exited the bathroom - a lovely, lovely man - very astute in terms of his critique of the movie - and his wife was wonderful too.

Go Tarheels!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:26 am
@farmerman,
I have 3 of the 4 in my picks and I have Villy and CT with CT winning all. Thanks to my 6 year old who made the majority of my picks (I think she likes Villanova's name), I have already beat my husband in picks by a mile.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:01 pm
@Linkat,
Nova hS BEEN A REAL SPOILER IN THIS AND i THINK EVERYONE WAS LOOKING PAST THEM AND THEIR AMAZING FREE THROW ABILITIES AND 3 POINTERS. (tHEY ALSO DO A DECENT DEEEFENSE BUT) i THINK unc IS JUST TOO MUCH. aT THE END, i AGREE WITH THE unc ON TOP. Sorry about the caps but I sometimes hit the rong keys without looking.

However, Id love to see Nova in at the end with UConn. I hate UConn, their geology program is second to everyones and produces only half decent secondary earth science instructors. Nova s program is geared to engineering, so their geology programs are all foundations and tunneling .

Howzaat for an analysis?
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:32 pm
@farmerman,
Great analysis, but what the heck does it have to do with basketball?

By the way, my older daughter wants to be a professional basketball player when she grows up - so I have been watching some the women's college games.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:51 pm
everybody liked some teams because of their uniforms or something like that, Im taking it to academics
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
Exactly what has academics to do with college basketball? The color of uniforms now that has something to do with college basketball.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 01:14 pm
@Linkat,
Never mind, I just thought that......never mind, Youre right, academics have nothing to do with basketball. I dont know what got into me. Confused
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 01:25 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry I'm just being a smarta$$.

I do have issue too, when sports is looked at more highly than academics in a university.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 02:01 pm
i like 'nova because they have "tournament" guards, who know how to handle pressure, especially carolina's run and jump defense which they usually employ about 5 minutes before the half or at the 12 minute mark in the second half.

the only thing i don't like is when the wildcats start to freelance and start shooting jumpers without moving the ball around the court 3-4 times. if 'nova can beat pitt with their big men in the middle 'nova has a good chance to beat carolina and its big man.

watch the point guards. whoever plays better wins.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 08:49 am
The Heels are playing too tough on both ends of the court for anyone to handle right now. It's their year.

(In my humble and totally unbiased opinion)
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 03:28 pm
@snood,
NOVA got creamed, I saw the game last night when I got back home. UNC is, TEAM OF DESTINY
Rockhead

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:04 pm
@farmerman,
i'm real glad i dint stop working to clean up and go watch this "game" in a bar...

Go Roy.
farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 05:20 am
@Rockhead,
UNC started playing its rookies when they had this one all but locked up early. UNC is truly a champion.

I heard a neat phrase last week.
"In the NCAA tournaments all these kids are playing for the names on the fronts of their jerseys. Thatll change when some of them go pro"
0 Replies