Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 08:11 pm
Today I saw these two kids in the car at a local store. One boy looked 7 and the other I have no clue. the windows were cracked about three inches and there were no key in it and the mom was in the store and was out pretty quick. I told her I was going to call the cops and she said it was none of my buss. I did call the cops yet but I got her plate number should I call her in? The kids werent crying but still????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 679 • Replies: 3
No top replies

TTH

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 08:38 pm
@gummybear,
If you were concerned about these kids, you should have called the police at the time this incident occurred. I highly doubt the police would do anything now.

Also, states have different laws. In WA State per the RCW it IS legal for someone 6 and over to be left in a car by themself if no key is in the car.
I called the cops and asked.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:15 am
@gummybear,
whats the concern?
door locked,
no key
windows cracked
was it hot?
one kidappeared old enough
mom wasnt in tne store too long

Sometimes we want to create difficulties for others just because we can. I agree with the mom.
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:34 am
@farmerman,
It could be an issue if the children were young - or even a bit older - a child could easily play with a the shift and before you know it the car is in gear and rolling down some hill into traffic.

It is too late at this point to call - but maybe next time (unless the kids were over 10), you should call at that point in time.
0 Replies