The phyllo conspiracy...

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:41 am
Unless you make spanikopita and baklava every day, has anyone actually finished an entire box of phyllo pastry before having to throw it away for being too dry? I think it's a consiparcy. They rope us in with the low price, and pack way too much into those boxes. I think less pastry, smaller box would work for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,852 • Replies: 5
No top replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:48 am
Whats a phyllo ?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:22 am
This is why I go to a restaurant when I hanker for Greek food. That, and I'm lazy... and not Greek.

But, for my money, the best Greek food is cheap and abundant, so I am perfectly satisfied with the cheap abundance of the phyllo dough that I don't buy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:23 am
It's that very thin pastry that spanikopita and baklava are made from. Also spelled 'filo'. Generally sold frozen.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:23 am
Oh filo !!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 10:25 am
Used to get great baklava from this Turkish place in Seattle called, oddly enough, Sahara. (Since Turkey is not in that desert, if the connotation is supposed to be one of geography, and had good food and burgundy as the house wine, if the name was meant to connote dryness. The world is a confusing place, it is.)
0 Replies