Why Evolution is a Crock

spendius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 06:05 pm
@Lightwizard,
No chance. It's just a fancy sounding scam to keep you all on the edge of your coffins and coughing up the funding.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 09:40 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
What about devolution?

What about evo lotion?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/evolotion.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:05 pm
This is why evolution is a crock:

[img]http://www.geotimes.org/oct01/twoSkullsCroc.jpg[/i]

Crocodiles have become smaller over millions of years from being as long as a touring bus while our cars have evolved in a few years from VW Bugs to giant SUV's. What was it? Fuel economy? The Comet?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 02:42 pm
The point to me is, if evolution could really work, it would lead to smarter humans, with less disease. In my lifetime we have gone backward. Is it the price of arrogance, this devolution?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 04:00 pm
@Lightwizard,
Well, that's a crock -- it left out the image:

http://www.geotimes.org/oct01/twoSkullsCroc.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 04:08 pm
I thimk that gunga snake is a very smart person.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 05:18 pm
This satiracal thread was begun by me just to have a bit of fun and a poke at the stupidity so often posted in the name of ID or whatever the current label it is these idiots go by. It is by no means aimed at some more intelligent posters who possibly do not agree with my viewpoint. Hope I have not offended them. As for gunga and the other person, "Why don't you guys win the lottery so you can afford to buy a clue?"
spendius

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
I did win the lottery.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:00 am
@spendius,
So we can expect you to use your brand spanking new clue soon?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

So we can expect you to use your brand spanking new clue soon?

What? He got a clue? Why was I not informed of this?
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:56 am
@edgarblythe,
The clue is his word diarrhea is a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:07 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah-- quips of zero meaning mean nothing. Which is no more circular that your arguments.

Not that I hold it against you. You are neither to be given credit nor blamed. The response is a product of genetic endowment and rewarding cultural contingencies during your formatives neither of which you had any control over. The reward, and the long chain of reinforcing rewards, in the easy quip is the escape from aversive contingencies such as the effort involved, and the risks, of trying to contribute anything sensible.

Moving out of range is another escape technique. Like putting people on Ignore or leaving the thread huffing and puffing. There's also emigrating, desertion, apostasy and dropping out. Holidays can be seen as temporary versions where all conversation is necessarily superficial and polite and thus not threatening to self esteem.

And, of course, attacking those who create aversive conditions.

All these modes of response to aversive stimuli are mutually consistent and often congeal in a soggy lump in the bottom of the container in a similar way that the various courses in a restaurant congeal in a dollop of shite in the lower rectal passage awaiting the anal sphincter's pressure reflex to function.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:11 pm
I was right in thinking that this thread is "satarical" wasn't I?

When in Rome etc.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 02:38 pm
I'm in total agreement with the DI on the Panda theory. God, or the IDer (isn't that someone behind the bar at a pub?), whipped up this huge furry creature, saw that it was white because he hadn't worked with much color yet and decided, gee, this should logically go where there's snow and ice to match and it called it a Polar Bear. It gave this new creature an appetite for fish and seals that it also decided would be just about everywhere, but not whales 'cause they're too big. It can give them black skin to absorb heat and counteract the white fur which reflects the heat. Hmmm, maybe it should have made them all black. Oh, no, wait, they have to match the snow to dispel predators like men with guns. But, for now, it would give the men arrows and knives. Oh, darn, it forgot about the Eskimos! That will have to be corrected. Hey, on second thought if it put some black patches on the bear and plonked it down in China with an appetite for, of all things, bamboo. That would work. It had originally thought twice about putting bamboo on Earth as it grows like a weed. Now this new Panda can get rid of some of it.

It then paused for another day which was the time period men thought of, so it was actually several thousand years and thought (it wasn't speaking as, at that time, there was nobody there to listen), "Hey, wouldn't it be cute if I created a lovable little creature who looks like a teddy bear and plunk it down on that big floating land mass down near Antartica so the humans could not resist calling it a Koala Bear?" "They could sound like scientists by stating, "It's not really a bear."
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 03:59 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
Man gave names to all the animals
In the beginning, in the beginning.
In the beginning, long time ago.

He saw an animal that liked to growl,
Big furry paws and he liked to howl,
Great big furry back and furry hair.
"Ah, think I'll call it a bear."

He saw an animal up on a hill
Chewing up so much grass until she was filled.
He saw milk comin' out but he didn't know how.
"Ah, think I'll call it a cow."

He saw an animal that liked to snort,
Horns on his head and they weren't too short.
It looked like there wasn't nothin' that he couldn't pull.
"Ah, think I'll call it a bull."

He saw an animal leavin' a muddy trail,
Real dirty face and a curly tail.
He wasn't too small and he wasn't too big.
"Ah, think I'll call it a pig."

Next animal that he did meet
Had wool on his back and hooves on his feet,
Eating grass on a mountainside so steep.
"Ah, think I'll call it a sheep."

He saw an animal as smooth as glass
Slithering his way through the grass.
Saw him disappear by a tree near a lake . . .

0 Replies