Why Evolution is a Crock

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 06:52 pm
@farmerman,
Day four he created snipers and they shot all the snipes, making them extinct. The telescopic sight he made out of rubble, so he decided to call it the Rubble Telescope.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:00 pm
Well, I still say that Alley oop riding his pet dinosaur makes for better historical accuracy than anything Darwin did or said.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It is my contention that introducing evolution is a tactic of God to confuse the would be wise persons, who turn away from him in their vain pursuit of human glory (as opposed to glory of God) - much the way he thwarted the tower of Babel by making the people speak a variety of languages. Evolutionists are snipe hunters in the grand scheme.

The basic idea would be to create an ideological doctrine (evolution) so unfathomably stupid and so contrary to all available evidence, that no rational person could possibly feel sorry for anybody who bought off on it. In other words a sort of a very rough strainer which only need separate wheat from boulders more or less.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:32 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
It is my contention that introducing evolution is a tactic of God to confuse the would be wise persons, who turn away from him in their vain pursuit of human glory (as opposed to glory of God) - much the way he thwarted the tower of Babel by making the people speak a variety of languages. Evolutionists are snipe hunters in the grand scheme.

The basic idea would be to create an ideological doctrine (evolution) so unfathomably stupid and so contrary to all available evidence, that no rational person could possibly feel sorry for anybody who bought off on it. In other words a sort of a very rough strainer which only need separate wheat from boulders more or less.

Give that man a cigar!
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:17 pm
The proof against evolution is right here at A2K -- the serpent from Genesis is obviously about 6,000 years old and has hardly evolved at all, taking on a surname copied from Kipling and trying to get everyone to bite into an apple with a worm in it. Actually he's a big fat worm disguised as a Ford sports car hood ornament.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:29 pm
@gungasnake,
Finally, a thread that makes Gunga sound like a genius.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Salesmen sometimes do that in fact, i.e. deliberately tell a customer a lie so ridiculous that they couldn't feel sorry for them if they bought it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:38 pm
I think gunga is going to keep me thinking straight, guys.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 09:37 am
@rosborne979,
I don't believe the snake realizes this is satire, typical of a closed mind.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 09:47 am
Satire. Isn't that one of those thingies from mythology?
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:32 am
@edgarblythe,
I thought "Evilution" might have given it away but I guess that could be interpreted as a typo, like Unintelligible Design.

I'm with Pat Robertson who thinks the Evilutionary Church should be taxed as it hasn't filed as a religion.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:39 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:

This thread is satire?

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:48 pm
@rosborne979,
Well, it's also "Praise Jesus" and there hasn't been enough of that. Mel Gibson sort of put the kibosh on that since he put everything in his movie except for "Braise Jesus."
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 02:59 pm
Pope Edgar,

What about devolution? Will my grandkids be tadpole-ish? Should I dig a big frog pond just in case?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:13 pm
@Chumly,
Chumley
Ain't them things gills growing next to your ears? I think you will have your answer soon enough.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:34 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:

Satire is a rhetorical device at the bottom end of the techniques of coercion and is effective in proportion to its station in that hierarchy. It is a form of punishment intended to coerce people into suppressing behaviour which the punisher, the controller, disapproves of. It is an attempt to reduce or eradicate freedom and dignity. It is not unlike the threat of hell-fire.

Why the behaviour is not approved of by the controller is a complex matter but in a debate satire is resorted to through criticism, ridicule, sarcasm and occasionally wit when the opponent is viewed as dangerous and, as such, a compliment to the opponent.

When the person at whom it is directed shows no sign of altering his behaviour after repeated ministrations of the punishment it is quite obvious that the effort is futile and comes to merely represent a need of the controller to exercise this skill, if it may be called a skill, for its own sake. Rather like some people take to bnging their head against a wall when their need to control is frustrated by the instransigence of the object they seek to direct.

There is nothing mythological about it. It has been well studied in modern behavioural science. And laughed at by students of irony all down the foggy ruins of time from which we have somehow found our way to the point we are now located.

(I use the word "now" to denote that passing moment when the word is read in this context.)

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 03:54 pm
@rosborne979,
Yes, satire, as in holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn, and trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit the vices or follies of trolls and snakes.

As in "Animal Farm" by Orwell, " "Candide" by Voltaire and "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift but you, of course, already knew that unlike the befuddled mind who can't help sticking his blunt little troll nose into everything.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:36 pm
The Democratic aministration in Washington has taken steps to allow for stem cell research. A clear example of how the rejecting of ID robs our moral compass, allowing for Frankenstein inspired experimentation with dead babies. They will want more and more murdered children to feed a cottage industry that produces nothing valuable in their cultlike pursuit of money and power.
spendius

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:37 pm
@Lightwizard,
It is considered on topic and relevant to comment on posts on a thread. The subject of satire was raised and explaining its behavioural motivations, even cursorily, is useful to readers here and one of the important functions of A2K.

The irony consists in the putative controllers using this cheapskate method of attempted coercion in order to displace levels of coercion and control they feel themselves subjected to. Which is of course, in the nature of the case, considerable.

It is well known that snotty-nosed, snivelling, sarcastic satirists, especially those who eschew wit of even the feeblest sort, probably have a nagging to put up with in their daily lives. So what better for an object of their attempted coercion that one who it has no effect upon as that enables them to displace their frustration, in the manner a heat sink does, for ever and ever.

It is necessary when holding up vices and follies to scorn to show that they are actually vices and follies rather than simply asserting that they are and defining them oneself and, what is far worse, gratuitously assuming that everyone is in agreement with such subjective and solipsistic definitions. If everyone was in agreement the exercise would have no point.

As modern behavioual science is far more difficult to understand than evolution theory, which any plonker can grasp after five minutes, it is to be expected that experts in the latter will have been avoiding studying it.

It probably scares them too.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 04:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm waiting for one of those stem cells to throw a small child into a lake.