Why Evolution is a Crock

rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Genetics. Don't make me laugh. The day I see an austrich egg produce a walrus, I will believe in genetics.

The day I see a tornado tear through a junk yard and build a Ferrari, that'll do it for me. Until then, evolution is a crock.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 09:13 pm
I paraphrase no less an authority than Napoleon Bonaparte. As he lay on the deck of a ship one night, looking at the heavens, he listened to a group of learned men having a conversation. These wise men were doubting God. But, Napoleon pointed at the stars: "Then who put those up there?" he asked.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
They were taking him to Elba, so of course they said"Shut up shorty"
patiodog

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:35 pm
@farmerman,
At any rate, he said it before he stood up, looked out, and became disabled.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

They were taking him to Elba, so of course they said"Shut up shorty"

Actually, I read that so long ago, I don't recall the circumstances. I believe it was from a book by Emil Ludwig.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:41 am
In a later book by Henry Miller (Big Sur and the Oranges of Hieyronymus Bosch), Miller apologizes for not properly recognizing God in his earlier thinking.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 05:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I was looking at a collection of petroglyphs from the Susquehannock nation. Its amazing how they were living among dinosaurs there in Pa. We will, opf course , mount an A2k "Biblical SCience" expedition into the vast wildernesses of FAirmount Park in suburban Philly to hunt down these behemoths that have been living in camoflage for lo these many millenia, unnoticed to all but the sharpest eye.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 05:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I was looking at a collection of petroglyphs from the Susquehannock nation. Its amazing how they were living among dinosaurs there in Pa. We will, opf course , mount an A2k "Biblical SCience" expedition into the vast wildernesses of FAirmount Park in suburban Philly to hunt down these behemoths that have been living in camoflage for lo these many millenia, unnoticed to all but the sharpest eye.

Thank you for that valuable information. I hope you will stay on top of it. These evolutionists will stop at nothing to subvert our spiritual foundation.
raprap

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 06:47 am
This is a man who speaks the truth.

Quote:
Why should we be afraid to test our worldview against reality?" asked Bill Jack, a Christian leadership instructor who leads groups across the country for a company called Biblically Correct Tours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29628516/

Rap
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:35 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

This is a man who speaks the truth.

Quote:
Why should we be afraid to test our worldview against reality?" asked Bill Jack, a Christian leadership instructor who leads groups across the country for a company called Biblically Correct Tours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29628516/

Rap

Near the end of the "Evolution Trail," the class showed no signs of being swayed by the polished, enthusiastic presentation of Darwin's theory. They were surprised, though, by the bronze statue of man's earliest mammalian ancestor.

"A rat?" exclaimed Amanda Runions, a 21-year-old biochemistry major, when she saw the model of a morganucodon, a rodent-like ancient mammal that curators have dubbed Grandma Morgie. "All this hype for a rat? You're expecting, like, at least an ape."

Spot on observation. They tell us we are monkeys, then show us rats. - edgarblythe
patiodog

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've seen the Secret of NIMH. I think I'm coming around...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 02:32 pm
Wallace describes his wonder at human development. He gives an example of the blood flowing through our bodies which 'becomes at one point a hair, at another nail [or]...bone [or]...tissue [or]...skin...' Wallace cannot believe this happens without consciousness or direction. He believes there is a guidance of beings superior to us in power and intelligence. 'Call them spirits, angels, gods, what you will; the name is of no importance'.

He muses at the beauty and wonders of the natural world - the complexity of a feather, a bird flying - and suggests that 'evolution can explain a great deal; but the origin of a feather, and its growth, this is beyond our comprehension, certainly beyond the power of accident to achieve'.

Wallace ends with a controversial paragraph: 'Materialism is dead for all intelligent minds. There are laws of nature but they are purposeful. Everywhere we look we are confronted by power and intelligence...'
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
These evolutionists will stop at nothing to subvert our spiritual foundation.

Have you noticed how scientists treat creationism with disdain and dismiss it out of hand as though it were complete insanity? Obviously since Creationism is the *TRUTH*, these scientists prefer to hide from the truth while propping up their own religion of evolution.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:46 pm
Actually, god was playing skipping stones with asstroids (the hemorrhoids of space) across the Universe and accidentally on purpose threw one of them towards Earth and, oops, he wiped out the dinosaurs. He did it because he knew someday they would be needed as a model for Barney who would entertain the little homo erectuses (erecti?). Thing is, he didn't foresee (as usual) that could be tacky as it could be taken for a gay man with a hard-on. That's why Barney was labeled as a gay character. Er, maybe that was another fictional puppet, I'm fuzzy on that today.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 03:52 pm
The original Tree of Life (cladogram) which was developed from morphology doesn't exactly match the tree of life as revealed by genetics. Obviously this is a WEAKNESS of evolution.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:25 pm
@rosborne979,
THats what I mean!!. It hadda happen in 6 days, NO WAITING AROUND FOR ELEPHANTS AND DINOSAWERS
spendius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:28 pm
@farmerman,
I can't see why it couldn't have happened in 0.000006 millimicroseconds.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
But they lied in the Bible -- the 7th day, he didn't rest, he created Nutella.

(He didn't think of jars, however, and squirted it into earthenware jugs with a serpent as a stopper).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:14 pm
It is my contention that introducing evolution is a tactic of God to confuse the would be wise persons, who turn away from him in their vain pursuit of human glory (as opposed to glory of God) - much the way he thwarted the tower of Babel by making the people speak a variety of languages. Evolutionists are snipe hunters in the grand scheme.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 06:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
SNipes were created on day 3