Baldie?

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:34 pm
Ok, so my aunt and I were driving in the car one day and we were being random. I asked the question, WHY THE HECK IS CALLIOU BALD!?!?!? She replied I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!! I mean, is he like on Chemotherapy or something, he's got cancer? His sister, Rosie, is only 2 and she has a full head of hair, he's 4 and has none!!!!!! What's up with that? Also, Calliou always goe's out in shorts and a tee shirt and his parents are always wearing winter, big, sweatshirts and jeans? I dont get it! Plus, he's just a kid who's four each day he grows some more, well, obviously not ,Caillou, cause in every single episode for like ever he's always been four! Grow some more already Calloiu! He seriously needs to turn five already SHEESH!!!!!!! =) please make comments!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 800 • Replies: 9
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:12 pm
does he have a tin drum?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:33 pm
The age of six approaches and if things do not change quickly there will be hell to pay.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:45 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Caillou and his family live in Canada. There may be a dietary reason for his lack of hair. Canadians are just different!
Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:42 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Caillou and his family live in Canada. There may be a dietary reason for his lack of hair. Canadians are just different!

Actually, French Canadian. In French, caillou usually means "pebble" or "stone", but it can also mean "bald head", which was most likely the writer's intention. The official Caillou website answers the common question "Why is Caillou bald?" by explaining that the original storybook character of Caillou was much younger than the television character, and like many very young children, had no hair.

Like Mickey Mouse, Porky Pig, Donald Duck and others, cartoon characters usually never age. They are, after all, cartoon characters.

NickFun

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 11:19 pm
We will note that Charlie Brown was also bald yet his little sister had a full mane of blond hair. As to why cartoon some characters are bald and others are not is up to the artist. Don't question why the character is bald -- simply accept him as he is.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:01 am
@Intrepid,
That makes sense. Also Rosie appeared at some point in the series I think -- it started out just Caillou, then Rosie was born. Point there is that there was an original character (Caillou) in a book, created by a specific person; then other people created a series around him and made their own decisions (like producing a sister and what the sister would look like).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:01 am
@Intrepid,
My goodness you have waaay to much time on your hands to fully understand all this about Caillou - it is almost scary.

My one comment about Caillou is he is damn annoying - what a whiner that kid is. I'd like to see some bully punch him in the face.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 06:42 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

My goodness you have waaay to much time on your hands to fully understand all this about Caillou - it is almost scary.

My one comment about Caillou is he is damn annoying - what a whiner that kid is. I'd like to see some bully punch him in the face.

Not too much time for the little ones in the household who like Caillou.

I won't even comment on your second paragraph.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 06:57 am
alice and humpty dumpty had a rather disturbing conversation about aging

'In that case we start fresh,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'and it's my turn to choose a subject"' ('He talks about it just as if it was a game!' thought Alice.) 'So here's a question for you. How old did you say you were?'

Alice made a short calculation, and said 'Seven years and six months.'

'Wrong!' Humpty Dumpty exclaimed triumphantly. 'You never said a word like it!'

'I though you meant "How old ARE you?"' Alice explained.

'If I'd meant that, I'd have said it,' said Humpty Dumpty.

Alice didn't want to begin another argument, so she said nothing.

'Seven years and six months!' Humpty Dumpty repeated thoughtfully. 'An uncomfortable sort of age. Now if you'd asked MY advice, I'd have said "Leave off at seven""but it's too late now.'

'I never ask advice about growing,' Alice said indignantly.

'Too proud?' the other inquired.

Alice felt even more indignant at this suggestion. 'I mean,' she said, 'that one can't help growing older.'

'ONE can't, perhaps,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'but TWO can. With proper assistance, you might have left off at seven.'

0 Replies