Daylight Savings??? What a Crock!!!

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:16 am
@roger,
An hour, Rat.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 05:14 am
I hate not having it in Queensland, or at least I hate other states having it while we don't.

If I had a dollar for every time someone in Sydney or Melbourne told me something happens at X time EST (Eastern Standard Time) when they actually mean EDST (i.e. an hour earlier), I'd have at least 3 dollars.

The assumption seems to be that Sydney and Melbourne are always "Standard" and everyone else's time is weird....bunch of clock fiddlers !!!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 09:47 am
Yawned my way through a concert yesterday. Only another week and my body will sort of be adjusted to the time change.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:42 am
I'm used to it now - it's still dark in the morning, but I am loving it in the evening - we're out more and seem more energetic. Regardless, I wish they'd keep
DLS all year around.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 11:08 am
I love daylight savings time and don't take it personally ebrown but i don't care about your loss. It's all about me and what I like.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 01:02 pm
I like the fact that there is enough light to ride my bike again after work. Instead of dusk coming on at 6ish, it comes on at 7ish, just enough time to get back home from a ride.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 08:00 pm
@Eorl,
Quote:
The assumption seems to be that Sydney and Melbourne are always "Standard" and everyone else's time is weird....bunch of clock fiddlers !!!

Yes - so what! Twisted Evil
Eorl

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 09:29 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Quote:

Yes - so what! Twisted Evil

So get your hands off your minute hands, that's what! Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 03:54 am
@Eorl,
Quote:
If I had a dollar for every time someone in Sydney or Melbourne told me something happens at X time EST (Eastern Standard Time) when they actually mean EDST (i.e. an hour earlier), I'd have at least 3 dollars.

A novel and amusing treatment for that old saw.
0 Replies

confusedguy123

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 08:29 pm
Only the government could think cutting a foot off the bottom of a blanket and sewing it to the top would create a longer blanket.....
roger

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 10:40 pm
@confusedguy123,
Works with string, too.

They wouldn't call it Daylight Savings Time, otherwise.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:17 am
Oh no! Is it that time of the year again?
roger

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:25 am
@Thomas,
Sad
Rockhead

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:27 am
@roger,
this will get me up before noon, roger.

I'll call you when it happens...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:34 am
@roger,
Oh come on, you guys.

Daylight saving, when it is introduced each year, is a wonderful excuse to complain.

Then, when the days are getting longer & darker& winter approaches & it ends, you can complain again! Smile

I am already mourning April Fools Day, when daylight saving ends here. Back to the gloom. Sad

And I complained like mad when daylight saving was introduced last year & we all had to get up in the dark without having had enough sleep ... & function like zombies during the day till we got used to it.

What is life for, if not for complaining? Very Happy
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 12:57 am
@msolga,
I totally agree .... besides: I'm waiting for the 1rst of April to come, since we'll get Summer Time then Wink
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 07:44 pm
@msolga,
I'm looking forward to end of daylight saving time as always.

The end of interstate colleagues telling you something is happening at 13:00 AEST when they mean 13:00 AEDT and you show up an hour late. Because it goes without saying that Sydney is THE standard.

The end of calling a customer service line at 4:05 to be told to call back between 9 and 5.

The end of being told we'll kept up to date with "this Live Breaking News" that was all over an hour ago.

The end, on one particularly memorable election, of having to watch commercial television because the polls had just closed on the National Broadcaster as Howard was giving his concession speech.

The end of reading on twitter how your favourite TV show character just died as the opening show credits are starting.

The end of having the national piss extracted from you because your entire state rejects daylight savings due to the risk of cow fade, when in fact the southern corner fully supports it, while the west and north (who get much later daylight already) have valid enough reasons to reject it.

So as msolga so rightly points out, what else is life for?
msolga

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 08:52 pm
@Eorl,
Smile

Eorl, it is high time your state government caught up with the rest of us & put you out of your misery.

So very good to see you here again.
I wish your contributions here were much more often!
You are a smart, perceptive cookie.
I miss you.
Eorl

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 09:05 pm
@msolga,
Thanks msolga! Yeah, it's been a while. LOTS going on at home and work. I could use another hour every day!
msolga

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 09:15 pm
@Eorl,
I meant what I said. Absolutely.

Just hoping that, despite your busyness, you can find a wee bit of time to post here as well, Eorl.

You make me stop & think.

And not just about daylight saving. Wink