dlowan

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:38 am
@Thomas,
Picky.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:15 am
@Thomas,
The axis angle is also responsible for the "Daylight line" throughout the year. At the present rate of precession and angle of the dangle, we will be switching seasons with Australia in another 9858 years. THats a little feature that is gonna be hard to get used to.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:25 am
@farmerman,
Ya know, a big enough meteor strike could change things...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:43 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Saskatchewan doesn't change to DST and it does just fine.

Same thing in Arizona. Indiana didn't used to, but i believe i read they changed that. Japan does not observe a time change, either.
George

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 11:59 am
@Setanta,
Prior to 2005, Indiana was unique in that most of its counties did not observe
DST, but some did.
roger

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:04 pm
@farmerman,
I suppose we're going to move from summer to winter at midnight on the sunday closest to June 22, 11867? Do we move our calendars forward or back six months?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:37 pm
@George,
Some counties in Indiana are in the eastern time zone, and some are in the central time zone. Those in the central time zone bordering those in the eastern time zone which did not observe DST would find themselves in some instances two hours out of step with counties in Michigan just over the border.

But, then, it's never been easy to live in Indiana . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:46 pm
Once again, I am in agreement with ebrown. I was just ranting about it to my housemate. There is no morning hadrer to wake to than the Monday morning after DLS. I have the jump in daylight. I need acclimation.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:50 pm
My God, don't any of you DSL haters ever have to wake up an hour early for something?

Crikey.
roger

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:11 pm
@patiodog,
Oh My God! I didn't have to reset the clock, did I? I could have just reset the alarm!
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:13 pm
@farmerman,
Now that's a whole nutter North Star!!

Rap
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 08:14 pm
@patiodog,
there's an hour early and then there's an hour early for months

messes up the circadian rhythm

I'm a morning person, but I'm not a happy-dappy at 4 a.m. person.
patiodog

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:14 am
@ehBeth,
Living by the clock already messes up the circadian rhythm.

At any rate, I usually wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm, if I'm on a regular schedule. And I did that this morning just fine.

And, damn it, I LIKE daylight savings time. God help you if you get between me and my longer afternoons...
dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:07 am
@patiodog,
I stand with my brother.

We'll git yer.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:13 am
@patiodog,
I'm still torn -- like the evening light, hate the morning lack thereof (you may sense a theme, which is that I like light) -- but just to comment on the alarm thing: I usually don't use an alarm at all and just wake myself up on time. Today, E.G. woke me up (he's usually gone by then) and it was scarily late. Came out OK, got the kid up and to school on time, but that was close. I was out. (It was cloudy and still verydark even at 7:45.)
patiodog

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:22 pm
@sozobe,
You could get one of those lights that slowly illuminates to wake you up.

I've been eyeing those for a few years myself.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:29 pm
already adjusted to DST - start to yawn by 9 pm - must be one of the advantages of "old age" <GRIN>
hbg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 12:08 am
@patiodog,
Quote:
'm very pleased with it. Now the clock on the car stereo I installed last summer is right again.

Zackly my feelings. My car clock is only ever right during summer time - or when it irritates a friend enough to change it -and then I have to change it back. In winter there's that little bit of metal arithmetic to keep me occupied on the way to work!

I'm very happy with daylight saving and would like it all year. Mind you p- it's still dark in the morning, as we haven't changed back to boring time yet - and I'm having a bit of trouble getting out of bed.
dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:11 am
@margo,
I stand with my litter mate!
roger

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 02:17 am
@dlowan,
And you change it what? A half hour each time?