Oregon marijuana law!

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:23 pm
bongstar420 wrote:
I dont want any "pittience" I want you to pay for my school.

Dozens of people come up to me, every day, asking me to pay for their education. I'll give you the same answer I give to them: only if you let me ride you like a pony.
bongstar420 wrote:
Your willing to pay for my prision. Why not school?

I'm willing to support the solution that offers the best chance of success. In your case, bongstar, I think education has done all it can do.
bongstar420 wrote:
Think Im saying more here than these words are numbered...

What?
bongstar420 wrote:
Besides you are the one who has the problem.....whith people like me....

The only problem I have with people like you is that your monomaniacal obsession with marijuana is astoundingly boring. Don't you have any other interests in life? Like cars, or girls, or being ridden like a pony?
bongstar420 wrote:
Does it hurt to know that I will succeed under the adverse conditions that are bestowed apon me by you and your comrads?

It only hurts when I laugh.
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:06 pm
Are you in pain?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:17 pm
bongstar, I've got to agree with joe. Despite your assertions, you are obviously obsessed with this substance. This is not the actions of someone who is not addicted. Get off it before it screws your life up any more than it already has. And before you start wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise, I simply won't believe your protestations to the contrary. You are obviously a drug addict. I've been there and I know.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 02:19 pm
bongstar420 wrote:
You know what we have gotten off of the subject here.

Do we think that this is good or bad? The law. You guys talk like such a law would result in an orgy of drug usage. If so then we should stipulate as to who this is a bad thing. Of coarse you probally know that I think that it is a good thing. I will defend my case as good as I can when I am called apon.

I think all LAWS against pot suck.

But I understand what Wilso is saying -- and certainly there are LOTS of people like him for whom one is too many -- and many are not enough.

So it seems to me that best way to deal with the problem is to take it out of the realm of criminal law --and place it where it belongs -- with the medical profession.

We should be treating people for having propensities to addictive behavior -- rather than trying to put them in jail for doing something comparable to what people do legally with food, coffee, booze, cigarettes, and the like.

By the way -- so that there is no question about this: "Use" -- even heavy, regular use -- does not eqate to addiction. I know people who smoke two or three times a week normally, who can give the stuff up (and have) for months and months at a time -- JUST AS A TEST.

Addiction has to do with compulsive use -- use that cannot be controlled.

So I disagree with the few comments that have been sent in your direction that gratuitously designate you as an addict.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 02:26 pm
I'm wondering if the pot smoking may be affecting bongstar's spelling. Good lord.

For the record, though, I'm for decriminalizing the stuff. We voted that way in Seattle last month. To make enforcement of pot law the lowest police priority. Probably more symbolic than anything else, but what the hey.

Also for the record: I don't partake...
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:03 pm
I wonder why this has to come to me having a problem with substance abuse. Ill tell you what, we should just criminalize any activity that may lead towards an addiction. Oh, wait, we cant outlaw life, can we?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 10:46 pm
I don't ever plan on using drugs, including pot except possibly where it's legal. But I nevertheless know that it's not that bad for you...

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/addictiv.htm

I don't think the sentences for possesion should be so harsh.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 08:36 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Also for the record: I don't partake...

Hey...nobody's perfect!

There is a cure for that, though!
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 05:50 pm
Let us consider who is trying to control who in the case of "lifestyle regulation".

I'm I trying to tell you how to live, or are you trying to tell me how to live?

My educational argument comes from the fact that there is a lot of funding in enforcement of arbitrary laws that could be spent on betterment instead of suppression.

Thread long lost.....I've been gone for a year.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:11 pm
bongstar420 wrote:
Thread long lost.....I've been gone for a year.

Out on parole?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:34 pm
Well, bongstar's spelling improved during that year off--that's a plus!

As for my non-partaking, it's not as though I never have. I was, like, a child of the '60s. Now I just stick to alcohol; it's more predictable... Drunk
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:13 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Well, bongstar's spelling improved during that year off--that's a plus!

Many inmates find that their enforced leisure provides a perfect opportunity to complete their GEDs.
0 Replies