Luther

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:46 am
Went to see it last night. Visually it was a feast. As an historical document I would put it up there with "A Knight's Tale." Sort of Pretentious, because much of the dialogue was lifted verbatim from the writings of those involved. Has anyone else seen it, and what do you think? My girlfriend, who is studying the Reformation, loved it. She sat there quoting the arguements (in Latin and Mittelhochdeutsch).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:57 am
I have not seen it but it got a real tepid review on NPR. Sort of "this is they way they used to make 'em but don't any more,... and for good reason".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:36 pm
The film -although a German-American pro-production - doesn't start here until October, 30 (=Reformation Day here!).

Most (pre-)critics here say, the film is as good/interesting as an old style protestant church service.

(Just for you, hobitbob [and your girl friend]
Luther, der Film)
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:41 pm
Quote:
Most (pre-)critics here say, the film is as good/interesting as an old style protestant church service

Ouch! Shocked
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 03:45 pm
Here's the reviews available as of today, including one getting into the historical accuracy by none other than the U. S. Confermance of Catholic Bishops!

http://www.mrqe.com/lookup?^Luther+(2003)
0 Replies