Mitsubishi TV Repair

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 04:34 pm
I have a 15 year old Mitsubishi rear projection TV model VS-4003R. The problem it's having is the video comes in and out. Fades from a perfect picture to black. Sometimes the picture fades back in. The audio is perfect. Does anyone have a simple fix? Or any idea how much it will cost to have repaired. I can't afford a new TV.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,901 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:53 pm
@Witchwyd,
Because it happens so slowly, the cathode ray blue, green and red guns slowly deteriorate to amber, then amber brown. If you have been watching TV 2 or 3 hours a day, their now junk. This also looks like a component on the main frame getting old and how getting hot and malfunctioning. The main frame has to be replaced which is also more money than a new set. What size screen? New technologies have come down so dramatically that it would never pay to repair it.

I looked that model up and it's 50". A new one will be wide screen and can be replaced with a 42." How far away do you normally sit from the screen. Most people make the mistake of buying to large a screen.

I just replaced a Mitsubishi rear-projection that lost the mainframe with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-42V4100-42-Inch-1080p/dp/B0019GWYRQ/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1234507696&sr=1-11#

Less than $1,000.00 and the latest LCD technology. It will also save about two-thirds of the energy you've been using.
0 Replies