I Want Everyone to Meet Big Mac My New Baby!

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:17 am
Hello Everyone,

I am afraid I am going to do a bit of showing off here. I am so very excited! Yesterday, my new horse was delivered to my trainer's and I can hardly wait until the day I get to ride him! His registered name is Money Mac, but I am calling him Big Mac. He is a 4 1/2 year old Purebred Thoroughbred who was retired early from the racetrack because he was not fast enough, which, of course, makes him perfect for me Very Happy since I'm not into going that fast. I got him for only $500.00 and feel like I hit the jackpot!

I still ride my paint but she is not turning out to be all that great of a riding horse. She is too tempermental. She threw my husband, Johnny, and he nearly broke his wrist. She likes to decide when I ride instead of me deciding so, instead, I have decided to breed her. I found a Quarter Horse that is a Registered Paint and I think she'll have a fine foal!

Anyway, here is Big Mac! If you click on the picture you will get an enlargment of it.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8752/bigmacb.th.jpg

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 4,660 • Replies: 47
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:22 am
He is a good-lookin' critter.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:22 am
@Arella Mae,
He's beautiful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:25 am
@Arella Mae,
He looks like a very fine fella. I hope you have many happy miles ahead together.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:29 am
Oh thank all of you! He is just the sweetest horse. He loves people and loves to be handled. I'm going over to the trainer's tomorrow to watch him start the groundwork. Here is a link to four really short, short video clips of him in action:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=bayoubabe85&aq=f

The reason they called him Clyde is because they got two horses in on the same day and called them Bonnie and Clyde. Oh! I almost forgot, he is 16.1 hands high; thus the name Big Mac!
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:29 am
@Arella Mae,
Glad he found a nice home.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:39 am
Thank you Osso! He's gonna be so spoiled! Here is a head shot of him.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/133/bigmac2.th.jpg
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:42 am
Looks like a really nice animal indeed!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 11:49 am
I am doing some research on Big Mac's bloodline. I want to put together a scrapbook about him. It seems he has some really high dollar winning relatives! One horse has won over a million.

Big Mac was at the nicest place. Here's the link to it if anyone is interested. They have some awesome programs there. If you click on programs on the home page it will give you info on their Equine Therapy Program.

http://www.owlcenter.com/

Thanx Chumly!
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 03:59 am
@Arella Mae,
wow arella he is gorgeous...
look at his color...

i want to see how the white on his face looks from straight on..
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 03:37 pm
@OGIONIK,
I am sorry Ogionik, I haven't been on the forum for awhile and didn't see your post. Here is a picture of Big Mac (frontal) and his buddy, Spirit. He's another horse my trainer is training.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6656/bigmacandspirit.th.jpg

I finally got to ride Big Mac two weeks ago. What a horse! He has the most beautifully smooth trot and his lope is to die for. I am still taking riding lessons so I can really learn how to handle him well. He is a thoroughbred and they do tend to be a bit spooky sometimes. Dave, the trainer, said he may be fine one day and then the next will spook at an anthill. I'm learning how to be able to handle things like that. I think Mac will be coming home in about a month. I want him very well trained and I need to be sure I can handle him.

Dave's girlfriend, Anna, built a website for him and all three of my horses, (Money Mac aka Big Mac, Indy, and Hank) are shown in the gallery.

http://www.collinsnaturalhorsemanship.com

0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 03:06 am
Big Mac is absolutely elegant Arella Mae.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 07:34 am
@Sglass,
Thank you Sglass! I am so happy with him. I think he is going to be that perfect horse for me just like I wanted.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 07:47 am
@Arella Mae,
so, how's your husband doing?
maporsche

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:17 am
@dyslexia,
Who cares...look at that horse!

Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:06 pm
I thought I would update all of you on mine and Big Mac's progress. He has been in training for three months now. I have ridden him five times; three in the arena and two on the trail.

He is a tad bit spooky at times and wants to bolt when he is frightened. The first trail ride was uneventful and oh so much fun! He has the most smooth trot and his lope is absolutely the most fun.

Today, he was a bit distracted by the Palamino the trainer was riding. She is part Arabian and what Dave calls a "hot horse". Will always be a handful. Mac did get a bit spooked on the trail but because Dave has taught me so well, I had no trouble at all shutting him down and getting him back under control. I have to say I was a bit proud of myself!

I will probably be riding him everyday from now until the end of July when I plan on bringing him home. That will give me a full month of trail riding and knowing if I can really handle him or not.

He has turned into more than I had ever expected and I am so happy about that. The trainer keeps teasing me and saying he's not giving Mac back. He said Mac is probably one of the best horses he has ever trained.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
It's lovely to read about you and Big Mac. You sound so happy when you write about him.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 09:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you ehBeth. Yes, I am very happy!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 09:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
I thought it was going to be a new cat. Sad
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 12:24 pm
HA HA HA Roger! If it makes you feel better, there was an orange tabby cat that showed up here about three months ago. A month after she was here she dropped six adorable little kittens! They are just starting to go outside during the day now. The mom is headed to the vet so she has no more children. Here is a picture of the babies. The orange ones are all males and, of course, the calico is a female. Unfortunately, one little orange one passed away at three weeks, but the rest are thriving and running all over the place now.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3456/hpim1694.th.jpg

I went riding again this morning. The more I ride Mac the more in love I fall with him. It is finally going to rain here and it was perfect riding weather this morning. Cool with a nice little breeze. Mac did wonderfully again!

Oh I am so excited! More than anything I want to spend time riding with my husband. I will have two horses that are very ridable but my husband knows less about riding than I do so he either needed to start taking lessons with the trainer or I would have to find a horse for him that he could ride.

My trainer told me this morning a friend of his has a 19 year old quarter horse mare that recently lost her pasturemate. The horse's owner wants to find the horse a new home where she can be with other horses and Dave told her I would want her. She is "kid broke". Anyone could ride her! She is going to give the horse away so the price is also right.

Dave is going to contact the lady and tell her that I definitely want the horse. I am so excited. Johnny can ride her and learn while he is riding! I will have to put a picture of her on here when (and if she hasn't been given away before I get her - don't want to get my hopes up too high, but Dave said she's mine.) she gets here. I know Johnny will be excited. He is not afraid to ride horses. He said he just doesn't know what to do on one so this one will be perfect for him.
0 Replies