I Want Everyone to Meet Big Mac My New Baby!

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 12:58 am
@Arella Mae,
I just want to know, Arella Mae, why you named this poor creature after a hamburger.

Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:30 am
@Arella Mae,
Wow, what a looker!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:38 pm
Thank you Sglass. Msolga, you always makes me laugh. He has had the name Buck, from what I understand, since birth. I found out some more information on him today. He spent years at a boy's camp as a lesson/trail horse. He is going to be perfect for my husband. Johnny has taken two really bad falls: one from Hank and one from Indy and Buck being smaller and having so many years under saddle with no mishaps is perfect! Johnny took Buck's picture to work today to show everyone. I'm so pleased he is happy.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:58 pm
Buck will be here in the morning! It is so hot, even late into the evening, so we are doing it early. I will get lots of pics and some video. Maybe I can get some of JJ doing his new sound. He does raspberries! It's hilarious. I have no idea how he learned that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 11:27 am
He's here! What a beauty. My breath was taken away when he came out of that trailer. I am uploading other videos but I wanted you all to see this clip first. JJ can talk! Well, he can making clicking sounds. Laughing This is a clip of JJ and Buck with their heads together. Watch JJ's mouth. Whatever he said to Buck, at first Buck shakes his head no, and after a few seconds, Buck looks at me and shakes his head yes. I'm thinking JJ told him that Mac is the Big Horse in the herd and the quicker Buck realizes that the better.

Mac isn't being too rough on Buck. He's bitten his back a couple of times and scratched him. He has mostly just left bald spots on Buck's back. Right now, they are all out there running just like they did when Lulu came home.

I'll get more video links for you when they are done.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! JJ made his first attempt at a heeehaww today! I didn't catch it on audio but it started out like a foghorn and turned into a woman screaming. It was soooooooooooooooooooooo funny! I couldn't see him from where I was but I sure knew it was him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZ-j8_eIXI
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:36 pm
Here are two videos of Buck's arrival and initiation into "the family."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-irWLnx70L4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4w2fwleDgM
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! JJ made his first attempt at a heeehaww today! I didn't catch it on audio but it started out like a foghorn and turned into a woman screaming. It was soooooooooooooooooooooo funny! I couldn't see him from where I was but I sure knew it was him!

awwwwwwwwwwww - looking forward to the Hee Haw - you've done well Arella - this has been a really wonderful thread and it's so nice to have something real happy that lots of different folk are tuning in to. Well Done!
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:34 pm
@Izzie,
You are so kind Miss Izzie. I am getting so much joy from them. Johnny and I just came back in from doing some groundwork with Buck. He's better at it than my horse! He is perfectly responsive, so gentle, and my husband had the biggest smile on his face! That, to me, is more precious than anything. Buck has turned out to be the most perfect horse for Johnny.

JJ is the star around here though and he knows it. I cannot wait to hear a real heehaw. He started out snorting and that's all he did for days. Then this week he was doing raspberries at everyone. I don't know where he came up with the moving his mouth and clicking his teeth but it is hilarious. I look forward to many years of entertainment with him. He's going to be trained to do all kinds of tricks. He is soooooooooo smart.

I am glad that you are enjoying the thread and everyone is so kind in letting me share.
0 Replies