where do you want children to be?

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 08:33 am
I have an issue. i am 25 years old with a 18 month old, and i am very concerned about his future. i have a big problem with the city closing down 12 rec centers to save the city money, then get a stimulis check from the goverenment and put the money towards a dog house, i feel the money should have went to atleast some of the rec centers. this is our children future and lives, why close down the only positive foundations in some kids lives. i want to know what we can do as adults to help these rec centers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 825 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 08:36 am
@tayelore,
Contact your local politicians, start petitions, see what you can do.

Also, make sure you have your facts straight -- towards a dog house? Where did you get this info? It's possible that it's true of course, but it has a whiff of propaganda to me.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 08:51 am
@tayelore,
Soz is correct. Get involved and be loud. I lived in NYC at a time when the mayor decided to close down a bunch of community gardens. I joined a group that was fighting this decision. We lost the first big battle but we came back even stronger and started to win. There are gardens that exist today that would have been turned into condos if we hadn't gotten into the faces of our local politicians. Put up posters and get other mother's involved. Contact news organizations. Make sure you have your facts straight so you don't look like an alarmist fool. Nothing scares our elected officials more than a bunch of angry moms who vote.

0 Replies

carrie

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:48 pm
Gathering facts and fighting with the truth is powerful... you will be scrutinized so you need to make sure you know both sides... the truth doesn't lie, so gather info and opinions, as well as other like minded people...
0 Replies