The Fallen Angel - A true story about Lucifer

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:02 am
@neologist,
Angels are messengers of God created to minister to those who are heirs of salvation. They are created to worship God. Jesus accepted all praise and never turned anyone away that worshipped Him. Only God deserves worship.

Peter did tell those who worshipped him to get up because he was a man as they. Paul did the same. Jesus did not!

Jesus is NOT was NOT and NEVER will be an ANGEL. HE is GOD ALMIGHTY !

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:20 am
@worldtraveler24,
So who was it that washed the feet of the apostles?
neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:26 am
@worldtraveler24,
Heh heh.
One meaning of the word 'angel' is 'messenger'
Is the 'Word' not a 'messenger'?
And did not the Word have the assignment of proclaiming the good news?

BTW, what is the good news?
Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:54 am
Heirs of salvation? If your daddy is saved, you can inherit that? Really, the most hilarious bullsh*t creeps into these types of discussion because the religious nuts (Neo included) can't resist attempting to gild the lily--then they fall afoul of the language, in which words actually do mean something.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:56 am
@neologist,
It was God in the flesh who washed His disciples feet.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:57 am
@neologist,
John Baptist was the messenger.

Jesus did not proclaim the good news--Jesus is the good news. He is the one who died for all.
worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:58 am
@Setanta,
Don't show your lack of knowledge here. Stick to your secular forums and refrain from showing your ignorance through your vulgar language.
Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
I'll do that as soon as you stop showing your ignorance of what one, sadly, assumes is your native language. Don't order me around, dipshit.
neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:30 am
@Setanta,
Good morning, sir.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Spilled coffee on foot. Other than that all OK here.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:32 am
@worldtraveler24,
Many of Setanta's observations are straight on.
Pay attention. Steel sharpens steel.

Aside from that, he may at times be wrong . . . . . Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:40 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
John Baptist was the messenger.

Jesus did not proclaim the good news--Jesus is the good news. He is the one who died for all.
Really?!
Quote:
He then went to Naz′a·reth, where he had been brought up, and according to his custom on the Sabbath day, he entered the synagogue and stood up to read. 17 So the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him, and he opened the scroll and found the place where it was written: 18 “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free, 19 to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year.” 20 With that he rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were intently fixed on him. 21 Then he began to say to them: “Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.”(Luke 4: 16-21)
MWal

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:40 am
The fallen Light. The reason man is ignorant.
0 Replies

worldtraveler24

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:41 pm
@neologist,
Today this scripture that you just heard is fulfilled.”(Luke 4: 16-21)
Who was fulfilling it? Jesus --He is the gospel that is being preached. You see Him as nothing more than a messenger of GOD a second person, in a dual godhead. He is far more than that!

Your perspective on who Jesus is somewhat diminished from the way I see Him. I am sure we will never be in agreement on this.

chai2

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:46 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Jesus is NOT was NOT and NEVER will be an ANGEL.

He's got you there neo.

Jesus was not an angel.

Angels are angels.

People (contrary to what so many people like to think) do NOT become angels when they die.

In fact, according to the bible, humans are above angels. Why would be demoted when we die?

Angels are angels, people are people. Jesus, if he existed, was a people. If you believe what the bible says, he was also God.

Not an angel.

Then again, you're a JW, so you believe even goofier stuff than is the normal goofy stuff that's believed.

You believe he was Michael, don't you?
neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 03:37 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
Him as nothing more than a messenger of GOD a second person, in a dual godhead.
Dual Godhead? Where do you get your information?
worldtraveler24 wrote:
Your perspective on who Jesus is somewhat diminished from the way I see Him. I am sure we will never be in agreement on this.
Perhaps not. Your loss, however.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 03:39 pm
@chai2,
It would be easier for me to respond if you would include some scriptural references.. For example, where did you get this?
Quote:
In fact, according to the bible, humans are above angels. Why would be demoted when we die?
neologist

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 03:50 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
You believe he was Michael, don't you?

Michael means "who is like God". So, in that respect, Jesus fits the description, since he, according to Colossians 1:15 is "the image of the invisible God . . ."
Also, "Archangel" means "chief angel". So, when Jude 1:9 identifies Michael as the Archangel, that should give us a reference.

Pretty clear, I believe.
George

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:32 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
. . . Michael means "who is like God" . . .
Isn't that a question?
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:09 pm
@neologist,
Archangel means general angel. I think Michael was made chief for a reason. If God is Love, how does he accept his kin?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:22 pm
@neologist,
You know as well as I do that it says we will become "like" angels. We will not be angels, just now in the same catagory, as spirits.

It also states that we will judge angels.

1 Corinthians 6:2–3

Angels never have, or had bodies.

Humans will regain their bodies at the end of times.