junk history/science

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 10:54 pm
@farmerman,
Nah, most have tee vees. Even the dys.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 11:15 pm
Boston PBS is WGBH. WBUR is NPR--radio. I'd much rather read your posts than a phone book any day, farmer.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 06:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I do all this while A2king . Im watching AMC now with artists movie night.

Can't you just turn off the TV and spend some time with us? Without that damn thing blaring in the background? Like we used to?

<sob>
Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 08:10 am
Is DD going through the change of life?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 08:20 am
@DrewDad,
sure, Im sorry. I didnt know that........WAIT A MINIT...... CURIOUS GEORGE ISSON!!! WHOOOOOAAAA
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 08:28 am
@farmerman,
dear fm. I watched Top Gear last nite, the episode where they sent the Mini down the ski jump.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 08:33 am
@dyslexia,
IZZAT a cool show or what. I loved the one where they had an RV race. Or the one where they were judging "Body integrity" by filling several cars up with water and seeing how far they could drive at a given speed before all the water leked out. I believe it was a Rover that blew its entire door off from the water pressure. (Its integrity was the least impressive).

Theres that typical "down the rabbit hole" incredulity packed English humor, in which the power of understatement is at its best. LOVE it. Jeremy Clarkson for something
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 01:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Holy ****, They shure dont want me to move there. I gotta see my sat AM woodworking shows, and Top Gear, That Shatner interview show, The daily show, and Antiques Roadshow. (I do all this while A2king . Im watching AMC now with artists movie night. Van Gogh, Michellangelo,

How's that Shatner Interiew Show? I always liked that guy, he seems just a little bit twisted, like he's not afraid to ask anything. Figured that could be fun.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 02:02 pm
@rosborne979,
Shatner is a hoot. He comes off as being twisted but that he believes that hes not. Its a schtick but its funny. Shatner has come into his own as a sort of cartoon of himself .
Every Tues on BIOGRAPHY at 10PM. Cable tv has these amazing mood swings.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 02:14 pm
In the "no accounting for taste" department, Shatner is considered an accomplished comedian by the Canajuns. (He's a Canajun, too, you know.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 02:27 pm
I've given up on history channel, discovery, etc.

After every bunch of commercials, it's like they have to repeart 50% of what they said before the commercials, like you couldn't remember that far back.

The the "facts" they repeat at that time are usually lame in the first place.
Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 03:23 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
After every bunch of commercials, it's like they have to repeart 50% of what they said before the commercials, like you couldn't remember that far back.

Yeah, i hate that . . . that's what i meant about using 20 minutes worth of material to make a one hour show. They show the same video tracks over and over again, and they're usually lame.
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 03:59 pm
@Setanta,
Well, whenever Discovery puts out one of those shows that features some new facet of the paleo world, you only have to watch the last 5 minutes (its just like the NBA)
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 04:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Well, whenever Discovery puts out one of those shows that features some new facet of the paleo world, you only have to watch the last 5 minutes (its just like the NBA)

zackly
0 Replies