NY:"Moderate" Muslim Leader Beheads Wife

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 05:38 pm

http://islaminaction08.blogspot.com/2009/02/nymoderate-muslim-leader-beheads-wife.html

Quote:

A NY Muslim leader has pulled a Mohammad and beheaded his wife. Mr. Hassan was a community leader and a so called "moderate" Muslim. He was the founder of Bridges TV. A show started to help combat the negative perceptions of Islam and also to build bridges to the non-Muslim world. Does that include beheadings?

Hat tip to JihadWatch

Prominent Orchard Park man charged with beheading his wife
By Gene Warner
NEWS STAFF REPORTER

Orchard Park police are investigating a particularly gruesome killing, the beheading of a woman, after her husband -- an influential member of the local Muslim community -- reported her death to police Thursday.

Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Detectives have charged her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder.

"He came to the police station at 6:20 p.m. [Thursday] and told us that she was dead," Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said late this morning.

Muzzammil Hassan told police that his wife was at his business, Bridges TV, on Thorn Avenue in the village. Officers went to that location and discovered her body.

Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.

The killing apparently occurred some time late Thursday afternoon. Detectives still are looking for the murder weapon.

"Obviously, this is the worst form of domestic violence possible," Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III said today.

Authorities say Aasiya Hassan recently had filed for divorce from her husband.

"She had an order of protection that had him out of the home as of Friday the 6th [of February]," Benz said.

Muzzammil Hassan was arraigned before Village Justice Deborah Chimes and sent to the Erie County Holding Center.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,217 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 10:04 pm
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm (don't that beat all).
gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 07:10 am
@Foofie,
on the MSM (non) reaction....

http://townhall.com/columnists/DougGiles/2009/02/22/if_your_wife_gives_you_any_smack_then____cut_her_head_off__what_the____?page=1

Quote:

In his ongoing efforts to portray Muslims as chummy neighbors, Muzzammil Hassan, founder of Bridges TV, cut his wife’s head off last week when Muzzy found out she was going to ditch him. What’s that, you say?

This is the first you’ve heard of the 2/12/2009 beheading in Buffalo in which a Muslim TV exec chopped his wife’s noggin off in one of their office suites? Oh, I’m sorry. I assumed that you’d already heard about it"but then I just recalled that ABC, NBC, CBS, and NPR haven’t said a word about it since it happened. Oops. My bad.

Let me bring you up to speed with some background 411 on Islam’s latest right here in our backyard. According to my good buddy Robert Spencer over at www.JihadWatch.org:

Last Thursday (2/12/09), a woman named Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37, was found decapitated in Orchard Park, New York, a village near Buffalo. Her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, was charged, rather oddly, with second-degree murder in the case . . . (2nd degree murder? What’s a guy gotta do to get 1st degree murder, saw the body in half?) . . . Aasiya Hassan’s body was found in the offices of the cable channel, Bridges TV. Aasiya Hassan was the inspiration for Bridges TV, and Muzzammil Hassan was its founder.

Check this out: According to Spencer, Muzzammil Hassan founded Bridges TV in 2004 to combat the negative perceptions of Muslims that he thought were dominating the mainstream media. According to a Reuters story at the time, Aasiya “came up with the idea in December 2001 while listening to the radio on a road trip.” Muzzammil Hassan explained: “Some derogatory comments were being made about Muslims that offended her. She was seven months pregnant, and she thought she didn’t want her kids growing up in this environment.” Bridges TV originally declared that its intention was to “fuse American culture with the values of Islam in a healthy, family-oriented way.”

Wow, Hassan, you sort of got off course there, now didn’t ‘cha?

Hey, Muzzy, you want to mitigate that negative PR that Islam is getting by decapitating thy bride? Holy crap, Hassan. Someone remind me not to hire this cat to do any PR work for my show or books once Holder pardons him.

Unbelievable stuff right there, folks.

Now, help me, Muzzammil. Be patient with me as I am a slow, dense, Jesus-following, funkadelic plebian. How does lopping off your wife’s cranium further sell us Judeo-Christian infidels on the healthy and family-friendly ways of Islam? It’s just a question. Don’t dust up, alright?

Pardon me for a sec. I’d like to go back and address the insane silence of the MSM regarding this BS Muslim-based beheading by a “moderate Muslim” concerned about his religion’s public branding.

Here’re a few questions: Why no reportage, Katie? Williams, don’t you wanna inform us cattle about this incident? Whoopi, where are you, girl? Lauer, are you listening? Are you guys checking your inboxes? Is this not newsworthy? Has political correctness got you by your short and curlies? What a bunch of wussies.

I guarantee that if a Christian TV executive Lizzy Bordened his bride we would hear about it ‘til Jesus came back screaming, “Hi-yo, Silver!” Yep, can you imagine if Paul Crouch severed his wife Jan’s pink-haired cabeza at TBN’s Praise the Lord Studios in Nashville? The MSM would be on that like stink on a monkey. Speaking of monkeys, maybe the chimp gone wild story this week trumped the beheading of a beautiful Muslim wife and mom. Yep, that’s got to be it. We must warn the world of the dangers of chimpanzees. Cough.

No doubt CAIR will fly straight into look-over-there negative press mitigation mode by denying Islam had anything to do with this. What am I to gather from these verses from the Qur’an, though? Robert Spencer from www.JihadWatch.org explains:

“The Qur’an says: ‘Men shall take full care of women with the bounties which God has bestowed more abundantly on the former than on the latter, and with what they may spend out of their possessions. And the righteous women are the truly devout ones, who guard the intimacy which God has [ordained to be] guarded. And as for those women whose ill-will you have reason to fear, admonish them [first]; then leave them alone in bed; then beat them…’ (4:34)

“The Islamic prophet Muhammad was once told that ‘women have become emboldened towards their husbands,’ whereupon he ‘gave permission to beat them’ (Sunan Abu Dawud, book 11, no. 2141). He was unhappy with the women who complained"not with their husbands who beat them.

“Muhammad even struck his favorite wife, Aisha. One night, thinking she was asleep, he went out. Aisha surreptitiously followed him. When he found out what she had done, he hit her: “He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?” (Sahih Muslim, book 4, no. 2127).”

Nice. How peaceful.

Lastly, here’s a little 411 for all you ladies out there: If your prophet or god is cool with your husband beating the crap out of you or hacking your head off for thinking Brad Pitt is cute or because you want to wear a Miracle Bra, eat a BLT, or dance to a Shakira song, take that as a cue for you to find a new god, prophet and husband.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 07:29 am
Something just struck me about this. If the man had shot, stabbed, poisoned, or strangled his wife, it would simply be another case of murder.

To the western mind, a beheading is a very primitive form of murder. But the effect is exactly the same as if he had shot her with an S&W. People would be upset, but would not have the same negative reactions to the homicide.

In no way I am condoning what the man did, but I think that people get their noses out of joint at a beheading, it is because of the differences in cultures. Murder is murder, no matter how it is accomplished.

Here is something that will out things in perspective.

http://www.silentwitness.net/states/us_map.htm#state

gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 08:06 am
@Phoenix32890,
The map seems to indicate that cold weather is anti-conducive to murder...

The point of this whole thing is that our mainstream media has gotten into sins of omission in a sort of a heavy way, i.e. that there are certain kinds of non-PC news stories which they simply refuse to print.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 08:17 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
In no way I am condoning what the man did, but I think that people get their noses out of joint at a beheading

Exactly, one little beheading , and its his first offense too. We always cut em some slack as first offenders , no matter what their chosen skill is.

In prison he will be teaching some wannabees, how to make Gurkas out of plumbing traps
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 08:21 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The map seems to indicate that cold weather is anti-conducive to murder
Cept for Maine where the driving force for domestic violence is despair. Ill bet those statistics are heavily leaning to Washington County which is the hardscrabble part of MAine and where Beer is consumed at 5 times national average per cap consumption.

Booze and unemployment equal violence
gungasnake

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 10:57 am
@farmerman,
Thing is, you could take every sort of redneck pathology in the western world and ratchet them all up three or four degrees of magnitude and you still wouldn't have anything comparable to the potential for grief which I-slam represents.

http://islaminaction08.blogspot.com/2009/02/ukislamic-schools-teaching-children-to.html

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:22 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The point of this whole thing is that our mainstream media has gotten into sins of omission in a sort of a heavy way, i.e. that there are certain kinds of non-PC news stories which they simply refuse to print.

For once, I think you may have a point.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 01:32 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:

it has been pointed out by many the the media has been coerced into rigorous self censorship on stories that paint muslims as a whole or individually in a negative light. It started with the Salman Rushdie Fatwa and has only built up momentum.

Re this story, it is another example of idealistic religious branders often not being what they portray themselves to be, it is in the line of Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker and all the rest if that ilk.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 02:27 pm
Well, obviously, the IMPORTANT thing about this incident
is that the victim seems to have been unarmed, fully in compliance with ALL gun control laws, so its OK.

FORTUNATELY, the perpetrator was not injured by the victim,
so Shelley Silver and all supporters of gun control can relax.

David
0 Replies