Paying for college as a super-senior

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 02:29 am
I go to a private college for my bachelor's degree in engineering, so tuition is high. Right now I have a full tuition scholarship, so I only pay for room and board and fees. Currently, I am technically a senior in the University, but I am staying an extra semester to finish a master's degree. I've been looking for a job for a few months, but my graduation date has been pushed back by several months, so many places are only looking to hire full-time employees. I don't know if my scholarship and financial aid will still cover tuition, or how much it will cover if I get anything. Is there any place I can get outside scholarships this close to the Fall? Or is there a place where I can get an internship as a super-senior, or a job in my field that does not require a degree?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,932 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Diest TKO
Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:24 am
To answer this, I'd need to know what your EIS is from your FAFSA. Aide for students, the kind of aide you need, is usually need based. Being that you are at a private school, things may work a little different than mine. I graduated May 08 with an engineering degree, so I have some industry advice for you.

If you are not doing research, graduate and then work on your masters while working, or just put it on hold. If you can secure a job now, I think it would be better than finishing your masters.

BTW, what field of engineering for your BS? and for your MS?

You should explore the Department of Labor website and see what someone with your qualifications can get pay wise.

I had a 7 year undergrad. Yes really. I changed majors too may times.

Trust me, I know where you are coming from.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Paying for college as a super-senior
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/02/2024 at 09:46:52