So, do you think this is demonic?

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 09:53 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
Quote:
That scuplture is awesome I love it! I wish it was here so I could see it..

All you have to do is book a flight to Denver.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:17 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
And welcome to a2k, Barbie.
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:14 pm
Thank you!

Technically I could book a flight to Denver, but realistcally I can't miss any classes at school!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Awesome......for once the tax payers got their money worth.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:38 pm
I remember the hubub about this sculpture when it was first put up. It may a bit on the macabre side, but I wouldn't call it demonic. I think one of the biggest points of contention was about it being the first thing you see when you exited the terminal at the airport. Some people thought it was a bad first impression for the city.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:43 pm
@Aldistar,
I still like it. Of course I would.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:48 pm
A long time ago, when I first studied landscape design and urban design, we had an assignment for designing a plaza with fountain in front of some miscellaneous office building. I set a unicorn pawing into the fountain...

and got a B since my choice ricocheted against the building, or something like that. Poor sense of context by me.

Later I learned about horses galloping across a plaza near
Dallas.

Smiles.

Like I said, I like the horse.
Aldistar

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I like it too. I would like to see it in person. Frankly I am impressed with any real art in corporate settings. Houston has a large fountain with a herd of horses running through it with the water splashing under their hooves. It is HUGE and very impressive. I have a picture I took of it somewhere, but it was back in the 35mm days and I don't know if I have a digital copy. I had not heard about the one here in Dallas, but I have yet to get down town and look around. It would not surprise me.
dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:26 pm
@Aldistar,
I like it too. Wish it had been there when I had an airport stopover in Denver.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 06:51 pm
@Aldistar,
Those are the horses in the plaza I was referring to - I messed up by saying near Dallas. Texas, so big.
0 Replies