THE MAGIC BUS COMES TO CANADA

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:46 am
That last one wasn't very nice . . . in fact it was wicked ! ! !

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . .
rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That last one wasn't very nice . . . in fact it was wicked ! ! !

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . .

Yeh, makes you wonder which message people will object to more.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:31 am
love the last one
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:11 pm
I'm gonna use that . . .
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:13 pm
@Setanta,
you stole that

i'm telling
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:37 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

http://media.richarddawkins.net/images/2009/victor-stenger-bus.jpg

Why can't we get cool bus messages like this one. I wonder how Boston would react.
0 Replies

truetold

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 11:35 am
It’s interesting to note that “Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law” is the first sentence of the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms. As Canadians we are fortunate to enjoy the right of free speech, but there is a time and a place for everything. Our public schools and other government funded facilities are secular; similarly our public transit should not have advertisements that are pro or anti God.
I want access to a transit system that respects boundaries when they vote on their advertising dollars. My Ecological Footprint is of importance to me; I will soon relocate to a nearby city due to TTC’s recent approval of atheist advertisements. To those that do not want to support transit systems approving atheist ads, simply don’t use their services if you can.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 11:52 am
@truetold,
truetold wrote:
Our public schools and other government funded facilities are secular; similarly our public transit should not have advertisements that are pro or anti God.

I want access to a transit system that respects boundaries when they vote on their advertising dollars. My Ecological Footprint is of importance to me; I will soon relocate to a nearby city due to TTC’s recent approval of atheist advertisements.

why didn't you make your point about "boundaries" all of the years that the TTC was selling and displaying religious/pro-God ads?

I'm calling bull **** on your statement that you want access to a transit system that respects boundaries. Bull ****.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:58 pm
@rosborne979,
Every day I get confused.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 07:38 pm
Great line, Jespah . . .

Every day i get confused
So I get on the bus that takes me to you . . .
I don't want to cause no fuss
But can I buy your magic bus?
0 Replies