Now, that was some catch!

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:54 pm
@BigTexN,
Once again you information is inaccurate. Viewership fluctuates but has increased notably the last 3 years. The percentage of homes viewed is a different thing than the actual raw numbers of households and it has fluctuated. Reflecting the interest level of the match.. the numberas HAVE NOT dropepd this year...they are still nearthe peak over the last 20 yrs.

See the following links for the objective facts...the TV viewership numbers
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/01/18/historical-super-bowl-tv-ratings/11044

Notice an upward graph number since 2006? this raw TV viewership number reflect an increase of 90m to 97 m. However you seem to want to argue for the hell of it no matter whether you understand and view statistics showing increased viewership. You'll argue that even with increased viewers that they all are watching the halftime game I suppose, right?

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The economic downturn is irrelevant to the issue and discussion of this SB being one of the best ever. My point of the high viewership ratings is that people don't tune in and stay tuned into a SB match if it's dull. This was a close match 'til the end and and the viewership numbers reflect that fact....not an opinion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:05 pm
@Ragman,
It's because I misread and was responding to the "attendance" and not the "viewership." My mistake.
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI: I understand but the last 3 pages of this thread have been about this SB XLIII game, it's drama and the "best ever" status. Wht do you think about whether or not it was best ever..or one of the best ?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 12:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I like the "action analysis" that soz made.
"Stopping a TD to win isnt near as exciting as making a TD to win"

I want that on a tee shirt
ask and you shall receive...
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6062/slogandd9.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 12:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
...when the catch is an extra-ordinary one like Holmes'.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 02:52 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

The economic downturn is irrelevant to the issue and discussion of this SB being one of the best ever. My point of the high viewership ratings is that people don't tune in and stay tuned into a SB match if it's dull. This was a close match 'til the end and and the viewership numbers reflect that fact....not an opinion.

Or it could be that the halftime show, the commercials and all the spectacle of it was more interesting this year to people for some reason. I know that at the superbowl party I was at, a lot of the people there were cheering more for the commercials then the game.

Or maybe it's just because everyone was extra excited because the Steelers are the greatest sports franchise EVER!

Or maybe this year there were more good-looking dudes on the field than usual, and that brought the ladies into the fold.

Or maybe it was because the Cardinals were just so charismatic and entertaining that nobody could resist.

Or maybe a combination of all three of those. Except that last one. That's just a load of crap if I ever saw one.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 03:58 pm
@kickycan,
Kicky...anyone who didn't thoroughly enjoy the last two Super Bowls...simply does not know anything about football.

They both were superb games.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 12:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,

it's impossible to enjoy when your team loses in the final seconds...
0 Replies