OYSTERS, FOOD OF THE GODS

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:54 pm
@solipsister,
I only eat oysters that are cooked in some way - after a horrendo experience with raw ones at Mismaloya Beach years ago.

Anyway, the Bitten blog has an article and then comments and recommendations from readers for Oyster Loaf..
Here

0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:06 pm
****, now I just wanna put on proper clothes and go the seafood restaurant by the capitol and see what they've got on the half shell -- some tasty bites shipped in from New Zealand or BC, usually. Mmmmmm..........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:43 pm
Here . . . don't be shellfish . . . pass some of that over here . . . what's the name of this plaice? Do they serve sole food? Oooo . . . something sure smelt good. Do they have scallop potatoes? Don't clam up . . . tell me about the specials.
patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
@Setanta,
Don't bother with the specials. You're best off getting a dozen on the half shell and a couple of gin and tonics, then head over to L'Etoile for some tawny port and the cheese plate.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:52 pm
Aaa-balone . . . i can see subtle humor is wasted on you . . . i could eat a frozen raw shark ! ! !
patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:55 pm
@Setanta,
I think you mean you can sea that sub-till humor is wasted, but you're too tongue-tide to type proper-like.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:58 pm
You did that on porpoise!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:59 pm
You rakes.

Off to your beds.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
@chai2,
you can always tell when a thread needs to be quietly put down. Its when the puns begin .Either that, or else the participants begin comparing the thread monitor with Hitler.
patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
@chai2,
Wow, chai. Joseph Mitchell would be proud. Or not. **** him, anyway, he's dead.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:18 pm
@farmerman,
well, it is a well established fact hitler and eva braun where great fans of oysters with a bit of saurkraut atop them.
patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:44 pm
@chai2,
I'm not sure how I feel about the vivid image I now have in my mind of Hitler and Eva Braun (and dogs) naked and slathered in pickled cabbage...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:58 am
@solipsister,
Are you Steven Wright, in drag, Solipsister? Smile
JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 02:01 am
@farmerman,
Hot damn, they all sound good!!!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 02:10 am
@JTT,
JTT asked:
Quote:
are you steven wright in drag?
I think s/he's tryagain.
Whatever - solipsister is funny as hell. I think the best read on a2k. Did you see how solipsister suggested helping a woman put on her coat?
Look it up. I was laughing for ten minutes and then periodically throughout the day every time I thought of it again.
JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 02:42 am
@aidan,
Quote:
Whatever - solipsister is funny as hell.

I agree, Steven Wright is hilarious, but hell shouldn't be all that funny to a Christian, should it, Aidan? Smile
aidan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 02:45 am
@JTT,
I don't really believe in hell - (Frank told me I'm not a real christian anyway - so I'm off that particularly unpleasant hook).

As for oysters - I believe in them- especially po' boys.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:07 am
ANGELS ON HORSEBACK

Wrap 2 zalt oysters ina very thin slice of cappacolla or priosciutto

Before wrapping, cover the oysters with some chopped onion and fresh chopped parsley.

Put under a broiler for about 3 minutes (watch so they dont burn)

Put 2 packets on a slice of buttered toast and then drizzle with hollandaise.

This is excellent as a Sunday brekfast served with scambly eggs on the side or 2 poached eggs on another piece of toast and drizzled with hollandaise (sort of a po mans eggs benedict)
0 Replies

phoney

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 10:30 am
It was a brave man who first swallowed an oyster.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 10:31 am
Or maybe just a really hungry one . . .