Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:53 am
seriously....why the hoopla? This scumbag got caught being a scumbag...and now they're going to oust him. I'll stipulate he is good for a laugh or two but Jesus Christ....who cares? He needs to go to an island with Sara Palin and Brittney Spears. Talk about a manufactured non issue.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,339 • Replies: 8
No top replies

eoe

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
Blagojevich.
You missed a few syllables. Smile
dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 10:59 am
pay to play = political sop
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 11:01 am
@eoe,
a real indicator of the importance I attach to this dickhead....
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
Gubernatorial (is that a word?) misconduct is certainly nothing new. Would that island Bear wants to exile people to take our governor? It is possible that when the Blogo bruhaha blows over in the media, this one will be on the front page:

squinney

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:02 pm
@Foxfyre,
Chalupagate... That will be much more interesting. Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:16 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

seriously....why the hoopla? This scumbag got caught being a scumbag...and now they're going to oust him. I'll stipulate he is good for a laugh or two but Jesus Christ....who cares? He needs to go to an island with Sara Palin and Brittney Spears. Talk about a manufactured non issue.

..but but he wants to restore public faith. How can you deny that!

Actually, that guy abused his powers throughout his tenure as Governor,
the corruption charges were just the tip of the ice berg so to speak.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 02:59 pm
Why can't we just get this news headline daily or weekly or hourly or whenever it's appropriate?

"We caught Another One Involved In Douchebaggery. It's Been Taken Care Of"

now move along you looky lous....
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 04:09 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I agree with you totally, Bear, that the Blago thing has been woefully overblown by the media. When that other Illinois governor -- what was his name? Sullivan? -- was forced from office recently there was nothing close to this kind of wall-to-wall coverage.

But, as to the why of it -- remember whose former Senate seat Blago was trying to peddle? That's the hook the newshounds are hanging these stories on.
0 Replies