Alignment buttons on toolbar lost

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 09:20 am
My alignment buttons have disappeared. I use Windows XP Home and Word 2002, and this problem arose after I tried messing with tables in Word. (Cause or coincidence? I don't know.) I can get to right/left/center alignments by clicking on Format>Paragraph every time I want to change, but that's cumbersome when setting up a newsletter with varying layout requirements. How can I get my alignment buttons back? This is URGENT; I need to give the finished document to my assistant by 3pm every Thursday for printing & stapling.

Word's Help refers me to buttons that don't even exist on any toolbar menu, as far as I can tell.

This whole newsletter thing is new to me, and some of my experiments don't turn out too well - obviously. I'm learning a lot, but also need a good deal of help.

parados

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 09:43 am
@Tomkitten,
One of 2 things.
1. right click your tool bar and see if formatting is checked. if not, check it to make the formatting tool bar visible.

2. The tool bars will shorten if you have too many on one line. Drag the formatting tool bar to its own line.
0 Replies