hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
@meme783,
Quote:
Why should he have rights to a child he doesn't want?

Because the mother wants him to help support the child. If it was a matter of wanting the sperm donor out of her life then from the sound of it all the girl needs to do is stay out of his life. If she wants him involved though she can't start and end his involvement with the check.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:54 am
If someone else wants to adopt the child then he has no problem. Sign away the baby and walk away.

However, it isn't about the father's rights to the child, it's about the childs right to support from it's father. Children have rights and when you create one you'd better be ready to fork over part of the hugh sum of money it takes to raise one.

Seriously, try sitting down with a kid and explaining why it's "parent" doesn't want anything to do with them. If you had a million dollars in your pocket it would still be damn hard.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:23 am
@boomerang,
Quote:

She doesn't want his name on the certificate and she doesn't have to put it on there. She can give the child any surname she chooses.

Boomerang, this is hogwash! You are completely denying the fact that the father is just as much a parent as the mother.

Why should the mother have the right to keep the father's name off the birth certificate? Should the father have the right to keep the mother's name off the birth certificate?

If they both exercise this right-- would the birth certificate for this baby with no parents listed?

All I am saying is that fathers are parents. Why do you have a problem with this?

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:49 am
From the link I posted about about Idaho:

Quote:
If a name (for the baby) is not provided within 10 days, the baby will be given the mother's last name. The worksheet will then be forwarded to the State of Idaho Bureau of Vital Statistics.

And:

Quote:
Legally, you can choose any first, middle or last name for your baby

If she wants the baby to have her last name all she has to do is not name the baby, or give the baby her surname.

I imagine there are birth certificates issued that don't list a father -- like if the mother doesn't know or is a victim of incest or rape.

The father is denying the baby is his. Maybe it isn't. Why should he be listed on the birth certificate until it is proven that he is?

She asked a simple question: Do I have to give the baby the father's surname and will the surname have an effect on custody.

The answer is no and no.

You're trying to turn her question into something is isn't.

0 Replies

Oklahoma Mom

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 03:58 pm
This is to all of you women out there without a heart. My son and his girlfriend of 2 years just buried their daughter and guess what she too tried to be evil. So please read on. They broke up when she was 20 weeks pregant because it was a big strain on their relationship when they went to find out the sex of the child and learned she had cystic hygroma. This is tumors of the lymphatic system. He attended all the genetic couseling and testing with her and learned the baby did not have downs syndrome or turner's syndrome with are often affiliated with cystic hygroma. My son did not care whether his child had a genetic disorder or not he still loved her and wanted joint custody of her. However for 8 weeks the mother put him through "hell". She stopped allowing him to come to dr's visits and wouldn't tell him anything. He found out from a friend that she was having a planned emergency c section. His daughter lived only a few hours and this evil girl didn't even let him see her while she was alive. She text him "Your daughter is dead". How heartless. Then when he went to the hospital to see his deceased daughter she refused to let him then eventually she gave in. However she said he wasn't the father and that he could not attend the funeral. He had to take this evil girl to court just to bury his daughter. 3 judges awarded him the dna tests. She could not bury my granddaughter for 2 weeks while this battle continued. Needless to say dna proved he was the father and he was allowed to have a burial service and the birth and death certificates are to list his last name. They had separate services. We included her family in the obituary however they did not include him or his family in theirs. She is now buried but the mere fact that he was denied her few hours of life because the mother controlled the situation is horrible. Fathers should be allowed just as many rights as mothers. No matter if there is a nasty break up or not. Mothers stop being heartless. Don't you know what comes around goes around. This psycho someday will have to live with the fact that she denied the father the right to see his daughter alive out of vindictiveness. yes there are dead beat fathers however my son was not one. He wanted to be apart of his daughter life. The Mother's mother wanted to use the child to get a house for single parents from the federal government because she has n0 house and lives with her daughter, so she caused problems between the two of them for her own personal gain. How sad!!!! What kind of mother would do that. I call that trash! FYI next time you heartless mother's out there want to cut the father's out of their children's lives I hope you remember this story.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 05:42 pm
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Noone can explain why some women act like that.

Your situation doesn't mimic this one in the least so I'm not sure why you think we're all heartless on this thread.
0 Replies