STRIPPERS/EXOTIC DANCERS

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:44 pm
@DrewDad,
Some take their clothes off and that's it.

And some do it with genuine artistry and style.

I don't understand why any woman would choose this line of work, but I can still appreciate talent and excellence when I see it.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Some take their clothes off and that's it.

And some do it with genuine artistry and style.

I don't understand why any woman would choose this line of work, but I can still appreciate talent and excellence when I see it.

And how often do you see it? Talent and excellence in exotic dancing, that is.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:46 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
I don't understand why any woman would choose this line of work

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2175241/MoneySign-main_Full.jpg
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 04:55 pm
@DrewDad,
It has been awhile DrewDad, but years ago, mostly out of curiosity, we went with friends to a few strip clubs in Tulsa OK and also Vegas. We, considering ourselves quite sophisticated, evaluated the various talents of the dancers. The first few were pretty interesting since we had never seen anything like that before, but it pretty quickly became boring. For me anyway.

Also, I have done a kind of insurance work for insurance companies either full time or as a sideline now for more than 20 years. Occasionally I need to meet the accountant or proprietor in a strip club and that has allowed me to see how the industry has progressed over the years. (It hasn't much.)
DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 05:04 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
...it pretty quickly became boring....

Exactly my point.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 05:22 pm
@DrewDad,
But....but....they were all WOMEN. Now if they had been hunky guys. . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:37 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I dunno. It has never really been an issue for me how much a performer takes off or leaves on.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking in some circumstances though:
http://www.kevincornell.com/images/Chippendales/images/chippendales_group.jpg

Well, if you look I did say it doesn't change their appearance.

As far as their appearance, I don't honestly find them all that attractive.

1st off, they're all too young. Way too young.

Too sculpted, in an artificial way. Done at Gold's Gym and not through productive work.

They're all hairless because they nair their bodies, and mostly I just find the expressions on their face varying between dorky and smug. To me, they kinda look like stupid freaks.

Now I'm not going to start an arguement with you about their appearance. You like them, they turn me off. They're boring.

For me, there's nothing sexier than an intelligent looking man of a certain age, clothed. I like receding hairlines and some laugh lines around the eyes.

oh, one thing physical I do love are big noses. all those guys in the picture have little boy button noses.

I like big noses on women too. Alas, my nose is of average size.

Was it roger who was asking why I thought they were gay?

Well, for some of the reasons above, the obsessiveness with their bodies and lack of body hair. I've been to plenty of gay clubs, and the dancers their looked like this, because for the clientele, that's what they wanted, physical perfection with no thought to anything else.

Also, I have pretty strong gaydar.
roger

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:40 pm
@chai2,
No.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 06:43 pm
@chai2,
i'm not sure they're all gay

dude with the arm tattoo seems a definite in my eyes

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:05 pm
Certainly what is attractive in a guy is a matter of taste for us women, but in all due respect I didn't use the word 'sexy' or 'attractive'. I said "gorgeous". Now if there are women here who think the Chippendale dancers are ugly, I don't care. I still think they're gorgeous and I would enjoy seeing their show though I never have. And, as I said, I have no desire or intention to sleep with any of them, so what their sexual orientation might be is not a concern for me.

But again I'm a curious type, so the comments on the Chippendale's sexual orientation got me curious enough to type the question into my browser: "Are the Chippendale Dancers gay?"

One of the first hits produced this from a gay male website:

Quote:
From the titillating press release:

Instinct travels to Sin City for its February swimsuit issue cover story on aerialist Brandon Pereyda, the first openly-gay performer in the world famous Chippendales troupe. Instinct editor Mike Wood spent a weekend following 23-year-old Pereyda around Vegas to find out what it’s like to be the lone “out” member of the shirtless, bow-tie-wearing institution " and how he feels about performing in front of countless screaming women each night!

“I guess it is monumental for this company,” Pereyda notes. “Chippendales guys are often pegged as being gay. And they’re not. And I think this will clear the slate.” He continues, “They’re all straight, but we would do anything for each other and that’s what I really love about working here. They don’t view my be gay as a negative thing at all.”

http://www.queerty.com/chippendales-dancer-has-gay-instinct-20080118/

So if this is the real deal, what do you think? Another popular myth blown to hell?

(Even more fun was some of the posts from the guys on the site as to how attractive they thought Pereyda is. No agreement there either. Smile)
757impala

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:23 pm
@boomerang,
ha ha ..well well well ..a real comedian..na .I don't think it's jus me
0 Replies

757impala

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:26 pm
@Bella Dea,
well yeah your right in some places they are not allowed.and I feal as if that defeats the whole purpose..cuase any girl could do that ..dance,not take anything off and not be able to touch her..she's got it made then
0 Replies

757impala

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:29 pm
@Mame,
naw their not fully clothes..thay have their lil costumes..but the average guy doesnt wanna see her move around with a costume on..then if you tip them more then they might only take a top off or something...THATS WHY ATLANTA IS THE BEST...most spots are fully nude no matter what..not all but most and most dancers are eager to take it off
0 Replies

757impala

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:31 pm
@Bella Dea,
NAW ..thats HOT !! If they were wearing something like that minus the bra- then hey they could get away with that all day and every guy would still enjoy it
0 Replies

757impala

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:32 pm
@wandeljw,
oh ,,hey by the way this isn't garamel....
wandeljw

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 09:13 pm
@757impala,
757impala wrote:

oh ,,hey by the way this isn't garamel....

you should meet gargamel
solipsister

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 04:22 am
@wandeljw,
The audience scream at the ecdysiast, "Show us your nose".
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 05:33 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I dunno. It has never really been an issue for me how much a performer takes off or leaves on.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking in some circumstances though:
http://www.kevincornell.com/images/Chippendales/images/chippendales_group.jpg

Love the one in the middle with the long hair. Yummy! Very Happy
spendius

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 06:00 am
@Montana,
What a bunch of narcissists.

Narcissists are no use to women.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:35 am
Hey everybody!

So, what are we talking about here?