@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

haha that was funny. was that hangman?

haha yes it was.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:47 am
Hi Dirty,

The problem is you are not praying to the one true god that being my Chow Chow Sebastian whom as (Frank may recall) I teased him about on another thread.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:52 am
@Chumly,
i'm not sure exactly what ur referring to, but i been praying to the God of the Christian bible.
Ragman

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:53 am
@dirrtydozen22,
herein lies the problem. Redial the number.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 11:59 am
DD22, now don't get mad at me - this is a sincere question. Have you ever been diagnosed with autism? As you admit, you have a very real problem socializing and it's reminding me of someone I know who is autistic. You see and react to the world much in the same way he does, although he doesn't have the sort of anger issues you have. You both tend to see things as being darker and more threatening than others might view the same situation. He also will over react to interactions that others would not think twice about. His defense is to run away, yours is to lash out - either way, most of the time it comes down to big misunderstandings. Any thoughts on this?
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@Ragman,
i think the problem may be that i'm not supposed to ask Him for material things or to "make this (not) happen." i prolly shoulda I prolly shoulda asked Him to "bring me through this" no matter what happened lol.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
God was probably 400 ka-billion light years away when dd12 was praying, forming yet another one of those quasars he seems to enjoy so much.

Jesus was tapping him on the shoulder saying "hey dad, dd12 is asking for a little help, and you're screwing around with the cosmos."

God probably dropped what he was doing, but got back here, to his base planet too late, and dd12 had already reamed this guy a new asshole.

Why doesn't God just stay where he belongs? I don't know why he has too go farting around clear on the other side of the universe when we're the only people he has to fool with.

Maybe if we got some quality TV shows on the air he wouldn't have to go looking for something to do.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:04 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Ok DD22, this is a good example of what I'm talking about. Chumly is not being especially witty, but he is teasing in a good natured way. You don't see the fun in it, but take it seriously. Somehow your communication wires are screwed up and I think it must cause you a lot of frustration and unhappiness. I have no idea how or if this is fixable in a person.

(It's my turn to be Dr. Phil)
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
@Green Witch,
i haven't been diagnosed w/ autism. The doctor observed that I get along w/ ppl fine when I'm not explosive. He thought I was bipolar then dropped it bc of lack of manic episodes. My type of anger is unique. I'd go through a few months of not being easily angered followed by a few months of everything pissing me off. Then comes another few even tempered months. It's been that pattern since I was 8. I was confused by this, especially after I got canned, so I looked up some anger disorder on the internet and found IED exactly fits that pattern. I think I actually have IED and am actively seeking that label. Smile.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:14 pm
@Green Witch,
hmm...i thought he was either being witty or letting me on the inside jokes betw. him and frank lol. it was kinda hard for me to tell w/o emoticons or face 2 face.

lol chai got jokes.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:31 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Fair enough. It sounds like a tough load to carry. I hope whatever it is there is a fix. Good luck.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:18 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Perhaps that god is a false one, and thus your choice is the wrong one!

There is a temple in Isin (located in Mesopotamia) that is named é-ur-gi7-ra which translates to mean “dog house”
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:20 pm
How do you know that God hasn't answered your prayers?

Because you haven't gotten the things you wanted?

Perhaps that is his answer to your prayers; have you considered this?

Cycloptichorn
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
yes, I actually might have. His answer is no, just like parents who don't give their children everything they wanted. It's just that some things are just very important to me that I couldn't live w/o. I could only take so much disappointments in life.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:27 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

yes, I actually might have. His answer is no, just like parents who don't give their children everything they wanted. It's just that some things are just very important to me that I couldn't live w/o. I could only take so much disappointments in life.

I'm not a religious guy. So I won't stand here and tell ya what to do or not do. But it seems to me that if you are praying for something, it ought to be the strength to do what you need to do to get what you want.

Self-examination of problems in life leads to difficult choices; you must face those choices, even if they are painful, if you wish to move forward. Don't ask for stuff or accomplishments or 'happiness.' Ask for fortitude and go get your own happiness.

Cycloptichorn
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
gotcha. it's not about giving me what I want. It's about me having to go get it myself and that's what God's there for, to help me with that.
0 Replies

Scannon

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:30 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:
My first prayer: I've asked for a house and car and for friends to quit ditching me. These never happened.

That's all one prayer? You sure fit a lot into it. God might've been overwhelmed. Or he might not exist, which is my personal bet, but I won't soap-box this up.

I don't suppose you expect God to magic your house and car into existence or to suddenly make your friends quit ditching you (which raises problems of free-will, but let's definitely not go there). I think you may be putting too much emphasis on the prayer aspect of things. First and foremost you should have a plan of action and the will to put serious effort into carrying it out. If you got sick, afterall, I suspect you would go to the hospital first and pray to get well after. Do the thing first, get God's good wishes -- should he be there, and should he have them -- afterwards.

Quote:
My very last prayer: "Please don't let me get canned in spite of the horrible things I said to Mel* and the pole I physically assaulted.

You shouldn't have said those things, as you hopefully see now. Judging by your sorrowful topic, you've learned from this. Good.

And, if you're going to continue to rely on prayer and God refuses to answer, I suggest switching religions. Perhaps every week or so. Try to find the right one. Who knows, you might get lucky.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:35 pm
@Scannon,
I'm sure I'd end up in hell if I switch religion lol. He might've not answered most of my prayers, but He's answered most of everyone else's.
chai2

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:42 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

He's answered most of everyone else's.

How do you figure that?

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
Well he answered one of mine, Chia!

Well God and that $600 an hour attorney did.