Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
@chai2,
I never knew what happened in Mayberry. Sort of interesting "news".
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:29 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
How the f*** did you ever know that song Mismi? I had to look it up, and when I read the lyrics I thought I would die.

Well...I heard of it before - it's by Nirvana - but honestly I can't understand the lyrics. So I looked it up after you asked me - and quite honestly I am shocked. Eek. If you heard Nirvana sing it - you would have to listen closely to it to figure it out - and it isn't a pretty song...so I never tried. Wow.
Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:37 pm
@mismi,
That wasn't my quote. It was Chai's.
chai2

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:57 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Quote:
How the f*** did you ever know that song Mismi? I had to look it up, and when I read the lyrics I thought I would die.

Well...I heard of it before - it's by Nirvana - but honestly I can't understand the lyrics. So I looked it up after you asked me - and quite honestly I am shocked. Eek. If you heard Nirvana sing it - you would have to listen closely to it to figure it out - and it isn't a pretty song...so I never tried. Wow.

oh yeah, same here. I'd heard of the song, but when you mentioned it, I went to youtube to hear it. Couldn't understand a word either. So, I looked up the lyrics... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Then, I played youtube again and read the lyrics as he sang.

great googly moogly.
mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:59 pm
@Ragman,
Sorry - hit reply after I read the rest of the thread and copied and pasted...thanks for clarifying.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:59 pm
@chai2,
Great googly moogly is right! Shocked
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:17 pm
Not since "Heil Honey, I'm Home" has there been a quality sitcom on tv. The show never did 'jump the shark, but rather faded gracefully in time, the episodes forever etched in our minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbj9otRPdiM
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 04:01 am
@chai2,
Chai, as soon as I saw the heading, the first thing I thought of was the Fonz jumping the shark.

Interesting how it turned into an expression.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Out of Chicago, wasn't there Irv Kupcinet ("Kup")? I understand that he was an early tv talk show pioneer.

Irv Kupcinet was a great conversationalist. When he interviewed celebrities I would hear them say things I never knew. Rock Hudson told Kupcinet that the movie he was the most proud of was "Seconds" (an extremely dark movie if anyone remembers seeing it). In a 1983 interview Kupcinet asked Richard Burton what type of roles does he think he will be doing "ten years from now". Burton answered: "Do you really think I will live that long?"
0 Replies