Hitler removed from parents home

Montana

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:58 am
Who's got their period? Got mine too and it's a real drag!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:32 am
Removing the kid from the bosom of his family could, in the long run, be responsible for making the kid a homicidal maniac and a despot for the rest of his life. He may go and annex some small township over in Pennsylvania. Then he will go and attack Poland.
This could be a bad beginning of life for little ADDY.

His parents look like real tools anyway. Imagine living in Phillipsburgh NJ.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:50 am
As much as I despise Hitler, and all that he represented, I think that the government went too far. In a free society, people have the right to be assholes, and unless the kids were mistreated, the state had no right to take the children away.
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:57 am
@Phoenix32890,
"Googling around", and reading some of the news reports, I have the perception that there is more to this case than the name. For confidentiality reasons, the papers could not get more information. When the hearing is held, we may possibly learn more.
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:03 am
@Phoenix32890,
yes i'd read that as well, i can see an investigation into a family like this, just to make sure that the kids weren't being endangered by family associations

lesson learned, if you're a white supremacist, bake your own cakes
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:12 am
@djjd62,
There was an interesting article in Parade Magazine last week. Some California researchers found that if a person has positive initials, such as "WIN, WOW, he/she will do much better in life than with negative initials like "BUM" or "DOG".

I can just imagine how the name of Adolf Hitler would impact on a kid's life!
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:17 am
@Phoenix32890,
googled my initials, most notable matches, a french news agency and the journal of dermatological drugs Confused
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:25 am
My initials belong to some generic consulting firm....................
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:26 am
................is that too many?..
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:27 am
What kind of a family is it which gives their three children names connected with Hitler and the Nazis? What is their political conviction?
How is their lifes going to be? Will Jewish parents want their children to play in a family like that? Or Afro-American families?
How will the boy feel when he learns history in school?
Would you like your daughter to have the name Hitler and a son-in-law with the name Adolf Hitler?
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:31 am
As an adult, i would hope that others would look at that childs name and condemn the parents .... not take it out on the child.

As a child, if they understand who Hitler was.. I would assume they would take it out on the kid.

Just setting your child up for that kind of life , in my ever so personal, humble opinion, is a form of abuse.
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:35 am
@saab,
Saab- I agree with you that the choice of names was unwise at best, horrendous at worst, but that is not the issue. The issue is, "Does the government have the right to remove a child from their parents' home, if the names given a child is the only reason that the state stepped in?"

I would suspect that there is more to this story, that we don't know about. Stay tuned!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:40 am
@shewolfnm,
I sort of agree that giving a child a negative "handle" can cause a child problems. My brother has an unusual name, which caused him much grief during his childhood. As a result, when I had a son, I purposely gave him a most innocuous name.

Were my parents guilty of abuse? Would it have been appropriate for the state to step in because my brother had so many problems because of his name? I know that Hitler is a "way out" example, but where does one draw the line?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:14 pm
There is no way this can be based on the choice of names alone. There is more to this.
martybarker

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:14 pm
@Phoenix32890,
"AH" that's funny
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 11:44 pm
@martybarker,
Quote:
Forensic psychologist N.G. Berrill said naming a boy Hitler could be considered child abuse.

"Part of it is the infantile nature of the parents’ behavior," Berrill said. "You can name your dog something weird, but they think they’re making some kind of bold statement with the children, not appreciating that the children will have separate lives and will be looked at in a negative light until they’re able to change their name. It is abuse."

I don't really agree, but maybe that's all they needed to do it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 10:58 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
The parents, no doubt, are idiots, but fortunately this isn't a crime.

Yeah, it'd be kinda tough to lock up 59, some odd, million Americans.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:02 am
Little Adolf Hitler's Mother Speaks

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:11 am
I agree that if the only reason the state can give for taking the children away is the names given to the children, the state is being unacceptably intrusive. I also found the author of the blog which Dj linked to be as gross and disgusting as he states the family is.
djjd62

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:22 am
@Setanta,
yeah, the blog tends to editorialize a wee bit