Hitler removed from parents home

djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:18 pm
Report: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey
DAILY NEWS STAFF
Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 4:19 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/14/amd_campbells.jpg
Heath Campbell (l.) and his wife Deborah, hold their 3-year-old son, Adolf Hitler.

A young boy named Adolf Hitler, who attracted national attention when a local supermarket refused to make a birthday cake with his name on it, has been taken away from his parents by authorities, according to a local website.
LehighValleyLive.com reports that Adolf and his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, 1, and 8-month-old Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, were removed from their home by New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services.
No reason was given for why the children were removed, however, and Holland Township police chief David Van Gilson told the site they had not received any reports of abuse or negligence.
Back in December, the boy's parents, Heath and Deborah, were outraged when a local ShopRite declined to provide them with cake for Adolf's birthday.
"They're just names, you know," Heath Campbell told the Easton Express-Times in December. "Yeah, they (the Nazis) were bad people back then. But my kids are little. They're not going to grow up like that."
However, Heath reportedly denies the Holocaust and their home is decorated with swastikas.
The parents were to attend a hearing regarding their children on Tuesday, but it was apparently postponed.

more photos here
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 3,558 • Replies: 40
No top replies

eoe

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:01 pm
That is a horrible mess and no one will suffer more than those poor innocent children because they have assholes for parents. Sad
littlek

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:00 pm
Egads. Thank god for the stubborn cake decorator.
NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:12 pm
I suggest changing the child's name to Bill. Or George. Or anything but Adolph!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:17 pm
I'm hoping this doesn't mean kids can be removed from their homes for no reason than their parent's political beliefs. You want to see a slippery slope. . . .

(4 dots to indicate incomplete thought at end of sentence)
Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:20 pm
@littlek,
Sadly, I don't think the courts can do much. It's a freedom of speech issue. The child is apparently taken care in the physical sense. Of course, the child is going to learn the hard way what his name symbolizes when he goes into the world and others react to it. Maybe it's a good thing. It will make him curious and he will go beyond the narrow thinking of his parents' indoctrination.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 05:58 pm
@roger,
I'm sorry Roger, but you can't do that . . . i've called the Grammar Police, and you should be in for a very unpleasant evening . . .
roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:07 pm
@Setanta,
But - but you gotta have the final period to end the sentence. Otherwise, you got a incomplete thought that just goes on forvever. Wait a minute. There's someone at the door.
Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:21 pm
@roger,
Good evening, Mr. Rat. I'm Special Agent N.Y. Times of the Associated Press. I'm here on behalf of the Stylebook staff to give you a special commendation for proper use of an ellipsis.

According to our guide, "If the words that precede an ellipsis constitute a grammatically complete sentence, either in the original or in the condensation, place a period at the end of the last word before the ellipsis."

Please accept this plaque with our profound appreciation. We sincerely hope we have spelled your name correctly.
roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:22 pm
@Eva,
I'll wear it with, uh, pride.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm sorry Roger, but you can't do that . . . i've called the Grammar Police, and you should be in for a very unpleasant evening . . .

Knock, knock, knock...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:19 pm
Go away . . . they ain't nobody in here . . .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:55 pm
It's no use, Mr. Setanta. We know you're in there. We found this bag full of unused periods in your trash at the curb.

Come out with your hands up. ...
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:58 pm
@Eva,
Later. Cookies ...
gungasnake

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:03 pm
@eoe,
Our friend Zippo involved in any of this??
Eva

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Are those chocolate chips...or (shudder) periods?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:05 pm
@gungasnake,
My God, Gunga. Are you on topic, or something?
martybarker

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:06 am
@roger,
There's got to be more to this story. Curiously waiting...

(only 3 dots)
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:44 am
@djjd62,
wtf! unless there was evidence of abuse/neglect, there r no reason to remove him from his home.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:57 am
The parents, no doubt, are idiots, but fortunately this isn't a crime. What the hell were they thinking naming their kid after Hitler? Total idiots!