Pix of Joe Nation, Kickycann, and Moi

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
For what it's worth, Frank, I like Photobucket too.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:29 am
@DrewDad,
Thanks again, DrewDad. Your strange fix fixes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:38 am
Oh ****, this thread made me just realize that I totally forgot about your party! I got the invitation while I was out of town visiting my parents and I figured I'd respond when I got back to NYC, but I forgot. Sorry, Frank! I think I may need to grow some new brain cells.
Izzie

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:54 am
@kickycan,
Pics are great... love the one of the three of ya's!

(DrewDad... that fix is a goodun! Thanku)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:51 am
That's okay, Kicky, we all understand.

New pix in another thread I just started. Look for it under New Posts.
Magginkat

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 07:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hi Frank, I tried to copy & paste the URL but it wouldn't allow me to do that, then I remembered that with Internet Explorer I can sometimes click to send the page by email & can then copy. When I did that all the pictures popped right up with the page!

Happy New Year!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 08:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hey everyone. Great to see yez.

Snood…you look great in that avatar. Good to see ya, ole friend.

Intrepid…only imported beer for us. Chinese, in fact. Great Chinese restaurant in mid-town. Really like the new avatar.

Not sure why the pix don’t show up. They show on my copy of the thread…and I think I did the download stuff right. If anyone has any ideas for how to correct, lemme know.

Thanks, Frank. Like you, I am using me for an avatar.

For the pics to show. Just right click on the link and select properties. Highlight and right click on the name and paste into the address bar. Hit enter and the pics are viewable. That is one way, anyhow.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Jane and I coming into new york saturday for one week. She'll be quite busy but not so for me. Let's get together with the old crew, do drugs and alcohol and farm animals.

cell is 646 two seven five 4878
maporsche

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:11 pm
Welcome back Frank.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:11 pm
@blatham,
Saturday as in January 10? Any particular time of day that works especially well? (I have a 5 mile run in central park from 8:30 until, say, 10, and I have an appointment with friends after about 7pm. But in between, I'm free.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:42 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

That's weird. I get the same error now, but if I then highlight the address in my browser (Alt-d) and hit enter, it displays the image.

The reason is because hotlink protection is almost invariably based on the referrer header, with rules to reject requests to multimedia files with an off-site referrer. Because the referrer is an optional header (and some software like Norton block them under some settings) they also allow blank referrers to see the file. When you access it with a blank referrer (e.g. copy/paste link) it works but linking from here doesn't because it then has a2k as the referring site.

And Frank's links weren't clickable because they weren't links, they are the alt text for the images and Firefox displays broken images that way.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 12:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
Stares crosseyed at what RG said, but believe him. I almost follow it (learning is possible, I know more than I used to).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:30 pm
Meeting Joe, Kicky, Lola, and Blatham for dinner in NYC tonight...at a Chinese place called the Ginger House. Great food; reasonable prices. During the winter, when the Frying Pan is closed, it has become the Abuzz/A2K meeting place in the Big Apple.

I'll take lots of pictures...and I DO KNOW HOW TO POST THEM NOW...

...and will do so later tonight or early tomorrow.

I'll put a link in this thread.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:06 am
Here's the link I mentioned:

http://able2know.org/topic/127889-1
0 Replies