What Happened To CJHSA?

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
BPB, I totally disagree with trophy hunting. Its a waste of a natural life for absolutely no justifiable reason .

Yup, removes the best of the gene pool so the worst of the gene pool can decorate their finished basement.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:53 am
In today's Chicago Tribune I've read that a "black bear is spotted in Northwest Illinois".

And at the end of the above report it says:
Quote:
Black bears are not protected in Illinois, and Bennett said he worries a little about "nuts running around with high-powered rifles trying to kill this thing."
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In Pennsylvania, each year, we seem to "harvest" several 600 to 750 pound black bears. I never seem to see "recipes" for bear meat and , I therefore conclude that bears are being killed just for "sport" and trophies. Trophy hunting has gotta be the most infantil way of validating ones existence. Have you ever read Hemmingways "Green Hills of AFrica"? That is essentially a game trek to just kill and kill disappearing animals.
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:17 am
@farmerman,
Given what bears are willing to eat, I would think that bear meat would be an acquired taste. I have heard of bear sausage though -- although I was never offered any and don't know what it would taste like.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:03 am
@Tai Chi,
I can put you in touch with a lot of girls on the East coast who could tell you about Bear sausage.....by now many of them are probably married and settled down but they might be willing to talk....
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:19 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Laughing Yup, set myself up for that one...
Intrepid

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 01:06 pm
@Tai Chi,
Probably tastes like chicken

Laughing
Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
This has long been an ugly obsession with American "sportsmen," a term many of them hardly deserve. David Crockett and his cronies would go out into the woods and slaughter dozens of animals, and sometimes over a period of months, hundreds of animals. There was no possible way they could have harvested all the meat, and they weren't even involved in retrieving furs or "trophies." It was the sheer scale of the kill, the number of animals killed, which was their object. This doesn't make Crockett some kind of exceptional creep though--he was a product of his times, and neither better nor worse than any of the other backwoods boys around him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:24 pm
@Intrepid,
well...the nuggets anyway
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:30 pm
@Tai Chi,
It is my understanding that bear meat was considered quite a rare delicacy at the court of the Romanovs where my granmother had a taste of it once. That's my mother's mother; she was the wife of the bandleader of the Czar's Royal Navy Chamber Orchestra aboard the Czar's "yacht", the ocean-going Standard.
fbaezer

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:19 pm
I have two versions of what happened to him.

1. He was in one of his hunting trips across the frozen tundra, he got in trouble with someone named Nanook (you can imagine why) and is, at the moment, blinded by some yellow snow, and in his way to the parish of Saint Alphonso.

2. His companion in the hunting trip was Dick Cheney.
R.I.P.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
@Merry Andrew,
you eat it first then tell us about the flavor.

OS welcome back from that hellhole that is HAwaii.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
Poor cj Shocked
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
I took my first and last deer when I was eight. I like venison.

I too, have noticed Cjhsa 's absent. I reside in Michigan. No news stories ,have set off any alarms.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:01 am
@alex240101,
Didn't you see the article about the crazed gun toting guy being captured by the vigilante chimp?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/chimp_gun.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:14 am
@Intrepid,
chimps gonna eject a casing onto his hand and maybe jam the slide. Gotta get these damn chimpas some better pistol training. Its their right.
patiodog

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:46 am
@farmerman,
...and our responsibility.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:55 am
@farmerman,
Better put a call in to David.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:02 am

David shot CJ and mounted him on the wall

you better not ask him anything
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Gotta get these damn chimpas some better pistol training. Its their right.

gotta bad feeling about his statement
http://members.shaw.ca/vcofell3/myweb6/planet_of_the_apes_11.jpg