The Ungood Thread

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
Only problem with that is that I think once I make any kind of statement to the RCMP, they are obligated by law to investigate and in turn, they would need to speak with my bosses putting them in a position, not to mention myself.
This SOB knows I reported him, was warned to keep his distance from me, yet he continued to torment me, at times right in front of my bosses. He's a big creepy guy with a whole lot of balls and I'm scared to death that if I go to the cops, this guy is gonna snap and come right after me.
I know exactly where you're coming from as far as protecting other women from the same abuse, but I have to look out for my own well being because it's me he already has an issue with at the moment.
This happened at work and I reported it to my bosses (one being an ex cop), so they are ultimately responsible for him from my point of view.
I was pissed at first when they did nothing and I ranted and raved to people about how he would just continue to do it to others, but no one seemed interested.
Like I said before, "anything goes in the shop".

I've been playing tug of war with myself for months over this. Half of me says "go to the cops", but then that other half is there with "the crazy bastard will hunt you down (not difficult), break in your house and kill your family before they finally kill you".

Needless to say, no cops.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:02 am
@Montana,
sleep well, snowed in one, and ponder tomorrow...

hugs, nite owl
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:15 am
Hugs right back at ya Rocky and wishing you sweet dreams :-D
aidan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:37 am
@Montana,
Wow - don't you hate when something as you described happens that's totally not right - but there's not much you can do about it, and the people who can - won't?

I'm glad you made it through - and I hope you find the living situation and job you want Montana.

Merry Christmas to you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 05:48 am
Montana - Sorry to hear you have had such a rough year. What a jerk!

Okay, no cops. I'm not normally one to be violent or believe in such things, but what about we all get voodoo dolls and start sticking pins in him. Would that be an option? We could become a much bigger pain in his butt than he ever dreamed of being to you.

Hope you and your family have a much better year ahead. Sending hugs.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 08:09 am
You know what would be cool?

If you could get all the women in the shop to band together and give him a taste of his own medicine.

This man obviously has no respect for women, and does things like this to show how women are beneath him, and society in general, since you can't get anyone with the recognized authority to do something about it.

Oh sure, it might sound on the surface that this would be giving him exactly what he wanted, but, he'd soon learn what it's like to not be the one in control.

That anyone and everyone could just walk up to him at any time and do what they damn well please.

Of course, this is just a fantasy, ain't gonna happen. But think what it would be like if every minute from the time he gets to work if he never knew when someone was going to bump into him, grab him, make constant lewd comments, etc. It'd be even better if you could get some of the guys you know play along, like commenting to the women to "keep it up girl, you know he really wants it."

That'd take the wind out of his sails.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 08:46 am
You want me and Gus to come North and rough this guy up for you?
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 09:06 am
Oh Montana, I am so sorry. I agree with you that it might be the wisest thing just to back away from him. Obviously your bosses either are afraid of him themselves, agree with him, or don't give a ****.

In the meantime, be grateful that you don't have to see his sorry ass anymore. I want to hear some singing from you!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:40 am
Hello Montana. Long time, no see.
Nice to see you.

As others have stated. Go to the police. Report it as an assault. I do know you care for your bosses. They care for you, so they will not mind.

Things will work out. Haapy holidays Montana.
Montana

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:53 am
Phoenix, I know that they believed me because he did stuff right in front of their faces, but they seemed afraid of him as well, plus it was the end of the season and I think they just didn't want to deal with it.
They're not stupid people and since one of them is an ex cop, I imagine they were also concerned about him coming after me. My one female boss said he gave her the creeps as well. Either way, if they're stupid enough to call him back next year, he'll no doubt make them regret it.

I'm sure I'll start singing again soon Phoenix ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:18 am
@alex240101,
Hey Alex, great to see you as well :-D

My reasons for not getting the police involved has nothing to do with my feelings for my bosses. I care about them as much as they care about me, which is not at all. Personally, I feel that any place who treats their people the way they do, should be shut down!
There are 2 reasons why I won't go to the police. The main reason is because I'm afraid the creep will come after me. He has already proven that he likes the taste of revenge and I don't want to live in fear anymore.
The second reason has to do with my survival. My unemployment would seriously be delayed because I would have to get them involved as well and just open up a big can of worms.

One thing I've learned in life is that when there's an action, it usually follows with a reaction.

I think it's best for my well being if I leave this alone. The laws here are just not tough enough and even the people here don't think it much of a big deal. I had women laugh in my face at work after telling them my story. It's as if it's the norm.
I had one woman tell me that I better get use to it because that's how men were Shocked
That just blew my mind and I feel like I'm living in the stone ages. Hey, anyone feel like dragging me somewhere by my hair Laughing

Anyway, I don't think I'm cut out for this small town stone age stuff, so I think I better head back to the city where people may be crazy, but they're not insane, haha.

What I really need is a normal juob in a normal company that does criminal checks before hiring. The company I worked for before going back to the shop did criminal checks. I was the only female working the graveyard shift with a bunch of guys and nothing like this ever happened there.
No ex cons, no crack heads and no slime bags. I loved that job.

Still working on getting my singing going again :-D
Green Witch

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:40 am
@Montana,
I totally agree with your decision, Montana. There is a time to fight and a time to flee. This guy is too unpredictable and evil to mess with. Eventually, idiots like this usually get taken down by their own stupidity. You don't have enough security in your life to take him on, even with help from the police. Better to use this unfortunate event as a catalyst to move on to better things.
JPB

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:56 pm
{{{{{ Montana }}}}}

I'm sorry to hear this year has been such hell. I hope you never face such a horrible situation again. I understand your dilemma -- you've done what you felt was safe/wise and have been left hanging out to dry by those who should provide you with a safe working environment. Unfortunately sick, perverted bastards abound and those who stand up to them are oftentimes left to their own defenses. I'm sorry this has happened to you. You did the right thing by making the situation known. Hopefully your creep has enough sense to know that if anything happened to you that he would be the first person they looked for.

Keep your head high. Don't let the bastard take over you life. It gives him more power than he deserves.
Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:34 pm
@squinney,
A voodoo doll would be perfect. Yeah, I can picture us all now with our very long pins. I'll even dull my pins to make them hurt more. Man, if only those things really worked Twisted Evil

Hugs right back Squinney :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:36 pm
@kickycan,
Smooch......
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:37 pm
@dlowan,
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:41 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You want me and Gus to come North and rough this guy up for you?

Yeah, if it wouldn't be too much trouble :-D

Hugs the bear.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 01:08 pm
@Green Witch,
I agree GW. It's just too risky for me to take this on all by my myself. When I lived in the states, the women where I come from would have ganged up on the evil bastard and made sure he never did it to anyone else again, but a lot of the women here act like it's the norm. Now that's creepy! All my tough guy friends at the shop seemed to understand the seriousness of it all and they were all ready to jump the guy for me, but I don't understand the women. I even got an attitude from a few because they knew his wife, as if it was ok for him to abuse women just because they know it. I think it's because it embarresses them that someone they know is a sexual pretetor. At least it's the only thing I can come up with to make any sense of it.
Either way, it was a very tramatic experience for me, which threw me right into a depression that I'm just starting to climb out of now. I'm glad it's over and am looking forward to hopefully a more pleasant future.
My next job I intend on telling people I have a boyfriend (huge body builder who likes to hunt), so I can avoid situations like this. I absolutely hate lying to anyone about anything, but I think it might be a good idea since it'll give me more of a sense of security.

Thanks GW :-D
Green Witch wrote:

I totally agree with your decision, Montana. There is a time to fight and a time to flee. This guy is too unpredictable and evil to mess with. Eventually, idiots like this usually get taken down by their own stupidity. You don't have enough security in your life to take him on, even with help from the police. Better to use this unfortunate event as a catalyst to move on to better things.
Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 01:26 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

{{{{{ Montana }}}}}

I'm sorry to hear this year has been such hell. I hope you never face such a horrible situation again. I understand your dilemma -- you've done what you felt was safe/wise and have been left hanging out to dry by those who should provide you with a safe working environment. Unfortunately sick, perverted bastards abound and those who stand up to them are oftentimes left to their own defenses. I'm sorry this has happened to you. You did the right thing by making the situation known. Hopefully your creep has enough sense to know that if anything happened to you that he would be the first person they looked for.

Keep your head high. Don't let the bastard take over you life. It gives him more power than he deserves.

((((((((((JPB)))))))))

I agree. When I realized that my bosses were going to do nothing other than keep an eye on me (except for breaks), I knew I had to open my mouth wide. I decided that the only way I could protect myself is to tell as many people as I could, knowing that if slime bag ever decides to come after me outside of work, he's the first person the cops would be after. Now I just hope he's not one of those who doesn't care if he goes to prison or dies.
When I lived in the states, I knew just about everyone in my area. Anyone hurt me, someone would hurt them and it didn't take long before people knew better. I knew and was friends with most of the cops, along with the toughest people in the city, so the sense of security was always there.
Walking the streets in the middle of the night wasn't something that scared me, but now that I lost that sense of security, I feel like I've lost a part of myself.
Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I'm working on getting closer to the city where I can at least land myself a normal secure job.

Cheers to new beginnings :-D
Montana

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 01:33 pm
I wanted to thank you all for your support. You guys have always been so comforting when my life decides to do flip flops.
It's amazing how much better I felt in just one day after talking with you all.

You guys are amazing, caring, wonderful people who I appreciate so very much.

Thank you all! :-D
0 Replies