I just had brunch with Margo!!!

dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 04:59 am
@Mr Stillwater,
We made no such plans.

However, I just sent this email to the friends I drove miles to party with after I left Margo.

Some may find it amusing.

I didn't.

Dear All,

My heartfelt aplogies for Saturday.

When I turned up at Kathy's with my bags of food, drinks, presents and festive attitude today (Sunday) at 2.45 (having warned I would be a little late), I felt it odd that I got a park so close to Kathy and Nigel's house.

I failed to see some familiar vehicles.

This seemed odd, but I pressed on (juggling all the bags in my hands, plus the large china platter).

As I struggled down the side of the house to the gate it seemed worrying that you were all so quiet.

The balloons immediately past the gate made me more hopeful...but I could not understand why you were all inside on such a lovely day.

The closed back door made my hopes fade, as did the failure of anyone to respond to my knocks.

Nonetheless, I bravely tried the front door to no avail.

Dolefully, I made my way back to the car, and called Kathy on her mobile....nobody answered but I was able to leave a message.

Then I called Helen from the car.

She confirmed the awful news. The gathering was on SATURDAY.

I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!!

As I write, I can see the awful words SATURDAY on Kathy's email in front of me.

You must all have felt I was so rude not to at least CALL and tell you I was in Casualty at the RAH with three broken legs.

I was simply convinced it must be Sunday because that is when we usually meet.

No references to Saturday, or, indeed the 6th, penetrated this Berlin Wall of Sunday conviction.

My very sincere apologies to all...especially Kathy and Nigel....and I am really pissed off I missed all of you.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

Love (and intense embarrassment)

Deb

dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 05:24 am
@dlowan,
Margo knows that this party had already been the victim of some misfortune.

We visited a friend of mine who is just home from hospital after major foot surgery.

She is confined to home for three months, and I was bringing her a good coffee, and some cigarettes.

(I managed to forget to bring her her birthday present).

I had just bought wrapping paper and sticky tape.

I left it at this friend's house...and didn't feel I could go back, because it wuld have meant her hobbling to her door to let us in again.

As I was checking one already wrapped present before I left, to see which was which, I heard an ominous cracking sound, so I had to throw an extra gift in, unwrapped, with the mixture of wrapped and unwrapped stuff (I didn't have time to get more paper, and do the wrapping). I had one too few gift cards.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:30 am
http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarp.org_/cs/fun/kitty_and_bunny.jpg
margo

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 07:21 pm
@dlowan,
Jeez - you could have inspected the Jam Factory (art/craft gallery) with me!

I asked you to confirm whether you were busy on Saturday or Sunday - because you said you were busy Sunday 6th - and I just knew that was not quite correct.

I was driving along, -GPS is not too good when you don't know the name of the street, (or the suburb)! Was just about to abandon all hope, pull over and ring them and ask where they were. Saw a parking spot in the shade, and, as I was about to pull in to it, saw a sign - Jam Factory. Talk about serendipity! Some beautiful stuff there - but I resisted - I couldn't quite afford the $900 glass vase, no matter how brilliant it was.

Funnily enough, we didn't really talk about any of you...we were much too fascinating!

Deb is all the things you imagine her to be, but more so! She's alive and dynamic and enthusiastic and talkative. I was the first A2K'er she'd met - so I felt I had to be "sensible and rational" (her description). Unfortunately, it probably described me fairly well - it's more polite than saying "b-o-r-i-n-g!.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 08:14 pm
@margo,
So pleased you two met. Good then.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:06 pm
@djjd62,
Wink

I'm not as cute as that kitten - redheaded a bit, though!
dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:01 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Wink

I'm not as cute as that kitten - redheaded a bit, though!

Margo is exceedingly cute.

And remarkably adaptable and kind.

I dragged her up and down Norwood Parade...drove her wildly around a couple of suburbs.

She has done EVERYTHING.

Every time I mentioned a career, she had done it!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:10 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Jeez - you could have inspected the Jam Factory (art/craft gallery) with me!

I asked you to confirm whether you were busy on Saturday or Sunday - because you said you were busy Sunday 6th - and I just knew that was not quite correct.

I was driving along, -GPS is not too good when you don't know the name of the street, (or the suburb)! Was just about to abandon all hope, pull over and ring them and ask where they were. Saw a parking spot in the shade, and, as I was about to pull in to it, saw a sign - Jam Factory. Talk about serendipity! Some beautiful stuff there - but I resisted - I couldn't quite afford the $900 glass vase, no matter how brilliant it was.

Funnily enough, we didn't really talk about any of you...we were much too fascinating!

Deb is all the things you imagine her to be, but more so! She's alive and dynamic and enthusiastic and talkative. I was the first A2K'er she'd met - so I felt I had to be "sensible and rational" (her description). Unfortunately, it probably described me fairly well - it's more polite than saying "b-o-r-i-n-g!.

You were not remotely boring!

I would have loved to go to the Jam Factory...and could have shown you other stuff as well!!!! I might have bought, though. I am sorry you resisted....beautiful things are very spirit lifting. Margo loves stained glass, and I would like to think you had a souvenier. I LOVE being there when other people buy stuff they love. I am an enabler. You so would have bought something!

Margo has a dry, under-stated sense of humour. Her GPS thingy has a name. Poss sounds a very strong personality.

I think I talked poor Margo's ears off!!!!!!

I am chatty, eh?

Yes, looking back I can see Sunday 6th ought to have rung warning bells. Sigh.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:13 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Deb is all the things you imagine her to be, but more so! She's alive ......

Well, yes. Perhaps that IS more than some of us can imagine. All this time I thought just was only drawn.

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 12:35 am
@squinney,
Quote:
I thought just was only drawn

..and badly drawn, at that.
dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 12:41 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Quote:
I thought just was only drawn

..and badly drawn, at that.

Up yours!
Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:51 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Up yours!

A little Christmas fairy just died when you posted that. I hope you are so happy... Ms Crankypants.
dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:22 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Quote:
Up yours!

A little Christmas fairy just died when you posted that. I hope you are so happy... Ms Crankypants.

Yep.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:03 am
You are a sick, sick Bunny!!

http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A9777/97772/300_97772.jpg
margo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 01:58 pm
That's what a Christmas fairy looks like?

Not much of a loss then!
dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:05 pm
@squinney,
Pshaw! That thing died in a fire.

Hey, Margo...it RAINED a tiny bit yesterday!

The North (where I was) is flooded out....but we only got light showers.

Still...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:09 pm
Yep - I bring rain into people's lives wherever I go!

Raining here today - and gales forecast for enclosed waters, e.g., Sydney Harbour. Guess what we're doing for our work Christmas do today? Yep - out in someone's boat on the harbour. There's winning side - at least with the throwing up I won't eat and drink too much! Confused
dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:23 pm
@margo,
Quote:
Yep - I bring rain into people's lives wherever I go!

Come bavk!!!
dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:26 pm
@dlowan,
We have our "do" today, too....but in a pub.

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:32 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

That's what a Christmas fairy looks like?

Not much of a loss then!

W...w...well, she looked a lot better BEFORE!