My Car Broke Down Yesterday!

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 03:09 pm
Yesterday 11/26/2008
My car went up this morning. I went to the bank at eleven then went to eat lunch but my car went up on the way. After lunch I was going to the grocery store to get food for tomorrow. I only have 67,000 mile on my car but most of that is city driving. The only highway miles was three trips to my sisters summer place in Fenwick Island Delaware. I just know its going to be bad. A year ago my sister was going to give me her 2002 Taurus. I told her no because my old car got a lot of dents in the body from these Essex idiots. I think that I was the idiot for not excepting her offer! I need a car because of my legs.

Today 11/27/2008
I went out to my car at 3:30 today and started it up. It seemed to be running fine. I put it in drive and the car stopped running. I tried to restart the car but it wouldn't turn over plus the check engine light is now on. Everything electrical is working. I'm not sure but I think I smelled antifreeze but there was none leaking! Any Ideas on what is wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,146 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:38 pm
@Victor Murphy,
what kind of car Victor?

0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:43 pm
@Victor Murphy,
I'm no expert but it sounds to me like the tranny is shot!
Intrepid

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 07:33 pm
@NickFun,
Did it try to turn over? Was there any sound? Was there clicking? Could be a lot of things. Even a bad cable connection etc. Info. We need info.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 04:20 pm
@Victor Murphy,
bump.

Victor?...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 05:16 pm
@Victor Murphy,
I'm not surprised the check engine light is on. That's about normal when the ignition is on, and the engine isn't running. It's a way of proving that the check engine light still works.
0 Replies

Sunrise

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:02 am
@Victor Murphy,
Vctor
We can't fix your car without more information.
Have the codes pulled, if they don't show anything, have a good mechanic go through the usual procedures to find the problem.

P.S. You will be pulled over by a cop next month to check your registration.
0 Replies