pocket digital weighing scales

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 11:48 pm
hello, i want to use the electronic output from a set of scales to switch off a small 12volt motor (the type you get in toys) when a certain pre-set weight has been reached.

The question is,
1) is this something that any reasonably intelligent person could patch together from easily available componants ? (i made a start, i got the motor, scales, and the will to do it)
2) where do i go next?

any comments would be gratefully received
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 927 • Replies: 4
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:44 am
@peter simmonds,
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Most of the applications that come to mind would be easier to accomplish with motion detectors (which are cheap and simple to program).
peter simmonds

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:14 am
@OCCOM BILL,
hello, thanks for coming back to me. basically, there is a small powder hopper with a conveyor screw (archimedes screw) at the bottom. the idea is to put a small container on the scales below the opening in the screw. the required weight would then be set, which would then turn the conveyor screw, via the motore, filling the container to the weight required. any ideas ? thanks regards peter
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 04:45 pm
@peter simmonds,
peter simmonds wrote:

hello, thanks for coming back to me. basically, there is a small powder hopper with a conveyor screw (archimedes screw) at the bottom. the idea is to put a small container on the scales below the opening in the screw. the required weight would then be set, which would then turn the conveyor screw, via the motore, filling the container to the weight required. any ideas ? thanks regards peter
I have no experience doing so, but it sounds simple enough. Could go really cheap with a manual scale and a cheap switch from mouser.
peter simmonds

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:14 am
@OCCOM BILL,
thanks Bill
0 Replies