Holy posole

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:35 am
St. Francis Xavier Parish secretary Anna Cordova says their 85th year celebration was about to change. The city told the Catholic Church that its huge potluck doesn't meet city health regulations because it's open to the public.
"I can tell you it made a lot of people very sad. We actually had one parishioner call crying, stating her parents have served this. It's an 80 year tradition here," Cordova said.
Villanucci called up the owner of El Pinto Wednesday, who quickly volunteered to donate posole, bizcochitos, and tortillas for 500 church goers.

St. Francis Xavier was also offered free food by other restaurants and even other churches asked how they could help.

"We're very grateful for the support that we received from the community," Cordova said.

The owner of El Pinto said during tough economic times, everyone needs to lend a hand when possible.
The mayor's spokesperson says they'll be giving a revised version of the potluck ordinance to the City Council for its next meeting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,079 • Replies: 10
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:09 am
@dyslexia,
do they need any coffee filters?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 11:10 am
@dyslexia,
Cool story

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:03 pm
@dyslexia,
They changed their minds. Posole is now okay.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:24 pm
In early autumn in New Mexico, a popular variation on posole is made, called chichos. Instead of hominy it uses fresh corn that has been dried and roasted. This is what I am more accustomed to.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 01:49 pm
Sometimes I wonder how we've all survived to adulthood, what with potluck dinners and farmer's markets, bake sales and church suppers (she said, sarcastically). Sheesh!

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:30 pm
@dyslexia,
So much for the separation of church and state.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:32 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

So much for the separation of church and state.
you are making no ******* sense whatsoever, how unusual.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:42 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm making perfect sense. The fact you cannot understand what I'm saying is what is truly mind boggling.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:52 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

I'm making perfect sense. The fact you cannot understand what I'm saying is what is truly mind boggling.
what's mind boggling is that you claim to think.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:55 pm
@dyslexia,
Fcku oyu
0 Replies