Here's my never fail stand-by. Very good when all the ingredients are fresh. Also very, very easy to make!
SPINACH RICOTTA PIE:
* 2 x 250 g (5 oz) packets of frozen spinach
* 1 kg (2 lb) fresh ricotta cheese
* 5 free range eggs
* 2 tablespoons fresh dill (I substitute with fresh parsley when there's no dill available. Works fine.)
* sea salt & cracked black pepper
* 250 g (8 0z) cherry tomatoes
* 150 g (5 oz) fetta cheese, roughly crumbled
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, or in a saucepan over mediun heat. Then squeeze out all the liquid.
- Place the spinach in a bowl with the ricotta, eggs, dill (or parsley), salt & pepper & combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 12 cups (4 1/4 pint) capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, cut side up, & sprinkle with the fetta.
- Bake for one hour, or until the pie is set & slightly golden.
- Serve warm or cold (with a simple salad.)