What a grand weekend in Beantown!

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 10:19 am
Was yesterday ever the day for our glorious sporting teams based in the New England area? Thomas Brady did an exquisite job of relaying the football to his fellow teamates. And our defensive team excelled in shutting down the opponents who made the journey from the land of New York. It is a darn shame we had some of our jolly good men suffer injuries on the playing field, I wish them all the good health!

And our other leader, Mr. Pedro Martinez, had a fine game of showing the opposition the Red Sox are a force to be reckoned with! Of course all while carrying himself like a true gentleman. We shall not look past the mighty bats of Boston's hitters, for scoring us the necessary runs to win the match.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,580 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 01:43 pm
No?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 01:48 pm
Um. Yes?

I'm just already in a major depression about the Packers and I'm not paying attention to anything else.

Have there always been this many injuries?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:02 pm
Making the Packers play at 41° Celsius must be considered a major crime!

As for the Sox, they sure deserve their playoff berth.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:04 pm
Bret Fava-ra and his Green Bay Fudge Packers are off to a slow start, no doubt.
But there's no reason to shout.
For you should root for a real team,
The Patriots, the lean mean, Fudge-Packer crushing machine.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:09 pm
Ok, the Sox don't deserve their playoff berth anymore.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:18 pm
The local watering holes in the Boston area must have been lively with the lasses and gals raising their mugs of ale in support to our teams! The air of the pubs were filled with joyous shouts of glee and victory. I am very excited at the prospects our warriors bring for a championship of the nation!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 03:03 pm
49ers lost a real stinker of a game to the Browns yesterday, at home. Painful to watch. Actually, playing at 90 degrees F was probably harder on the 49ers who aren't used to that summer heat.

As for the Pats, as long as Troy Brown does well I'm happy, he's on my fantasy team.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 03:22 pm
I can't believe the chap got up after that mighty fall...it surely appeared he snapped the bone in his leg. What a warrior!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 03:55 pm
WHY are you talking like that? <extremely suspicious squinty-eyed look>
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 04:31 pm
ditto soz....I believe it is an imposter

the REAL slappydog would be talking about his efforts of taking advantage of such a situation in the wimmins catagory
or
the money hes lost
or some other equally interesting episode of day in the life of
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 04:35 pm
I think it's really mini-him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 11:05 pm
I think he's pulling quotes from a journalist somewhere in....... england?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:11 am
Oh glory! Last night again proved our mighty nine from Kenmore will put up a fight to the end! Our superstars from the islands, Mr. Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz smashed mighty blasts towards the heavens for roundtrippers. And although he'd usually be better off in the kitchen with the womenfolk than on the pitching rubber, Mr. Suppan baffled the Baltimore jesters with his whizzing fastball and dazzling off speed offerings.
HURRAH SOX! HURRAH! are the cheers heard through the Old Towne.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:12 am
<even more suspicious squinty-eyed look>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:13 am
hmmm, or he's been reading children's books from the 40s.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:17 am
I think "Old Towne" is the key. He's trying to be, like, Old Towne-y. I think.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:19 pm
TRA! XTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! BOYS FROM BOSTON TRIUMPHANT IN 10 INNING COME BACK!

Boy oh boy, was last night's contest ever a hot one! Surely all that filled the stands were biting their nails as they thought the Beantown Bombers were on their way to putting a "loss" in the books.
However, they proved once again, their will was strong, and their hearts were filled with thirst for defeat.
As the end was near, with Baltimore tasting a victory on the tips of their tounges, Mr. Todd Walker decided he didn't like the ball enough to send it over the wall, bringing in 2 other teamates with himself to home! That brought the score to an even tilt.
After our last pitcher from the Asain land, B-something-Kim, showed the birds his fastball is too mighty, the red colored sox had one last hurrah on offense as the game stretched yonder past the nine inning mark.
Mighty Ortiz, the darkly tanned island ball masher took a mighty cut that sent the ball high to the skies, and Fenway erupted with the gentle men and womenfolk standing waiting for their hometeam to send the Orioles home feeling they have met more than their match. Beers were raised, laughter filled the air, and Boston was alive, as David the Goliath touched home base to end the game after the roundtripper.

Tonight, again, we await to witness the wimply birds from Baltimore to be dealt a hand of defeat...and Slappy will be there, cheering on the hometown boys.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 02:03 pm
Wimply birds.

<walks off, shaking head.>

(Congrats on the Sox win, tho.)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:15 pm
just trying not to shake the head so much as to actually think about it really

odd however, very odd indeedy
0 Replies